Accessory crit padding question 08/19/2021 10:16 AM CDT
My warrior wears a hcp greathelm that covers the head and neck and an unpadded set of chain armor that covers the torso, arms, and legs.

Q1 - What type of crit padding is he currently getting on the head and neck if any?

Q2 - If I add say 1 cert of crit padding to his chain will he get the full hcp on the head and neck?

After reading wiki and trying to figure out how things work, I think the answer to Q1 is some level of crit padding on the head and neck, but not the full hcp. And the answer to Q2 is yes, he will get the full hcp on the head and neck. The wiki doesn't seem to cover my situation in which the accessory padding is greater than the armor padding that you are wearing.

Thx
Re: Accessory crit padding question 08/19/2021 10:50 AM CDT
If both the armor & the accessory have the same kind of padding (crit+crit, or damage+damage) then "you get the stronger protection."

This is why essentially all of the armors that all of me wear have 10 services/1 CER each of damage and crit padding, because "very heavily padded" helms & aventails are worth picking up, even if they're only temporary. (And they are WAY more common/easy to find than "very heavily" padded armors.)
Re: Accessory crit padding question 08/19/2021 10:51 AM CDT
Awesome...thanks for the info!