Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/03/2021 08:30 PM CST
My zelnorn studded leather shows as being unlocked and able to be enchanted, but I am unable to do so.

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast leather
You gesture at some zelnorn studded leather.
The zelnorn studded leather seems to have been prepared for enchanting, and may be enchanted up to a bonus of 23.

>recall leather quick
As you recall Phocosoen's song, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the zelnorn studded leather in your hand, and you learn something about it...
It imparts a bonus of +21 more than usual.
It helps to increase the efficiency of attacks made by the wearer with a bonus of 20.
It is incredibly resistant (70%) to fiery attacks.
A strong thread of wild magic hums in response to your song, and you sense that the heat resistance (70%) was imbued into the zelnorn studded leather by Vyrshkana.
It appears to weigh about 10 pounds.
It is a tricky project (454 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>channel my leather
You channel at some zelnorn studded leather.
You will need to prepare the zelnorn studded leather with an appropriate potion to enchant it any further.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/04/2021 10:35 AM CST
Question, is this fresh zelnorn leathers you just had created? The combined bonus appears to be +41. So I would believe you'd need to unlock this to +42 in order to enchant it again. Which would then give you +21 defense and +21 offense. Zelnorn is very different due to it's split enchant going to defense then offense.
Re: Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/04/2021 12:40 PM CST
Tysong is correct. When I looked at the leathers from the bug report you submitted, they were unlocked to +23. They need to be unlocked for their entire aggregate enchant value to be enchanted. When I unlocked it to that level on the copy I made, I was able to enchant them just fine. Basically, a +21/+21 Zelnorn item is a +42 item.
Re: Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/04/2021 01:46 PM CST
Ah ok, thank you for clearing that up.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/05/2021 07:42 PM CST
It looks like where I messed up is that I never unlocked the leathers to 8x enchanting via potions and tried to use a 9x and 10x potion.

The leathers were first created at the Aug 2020 Duskruin. This was before zelnorn could be player enchanted. I had them enchanted up to 20/20 (8x) via premium points and HESS certs. I made the assumption they would be tempered for 8x enchanting already. This was not the case and the silver and golden ayan'eth potions I used only unlocked them to +30.

Re: Unable to Enchant Zelnorn Studded Leather Armor 03/05/2021 07:53 PM CST
GM Annanasi was able to get me sorted. Thank you kindly mam.