Paladin Shield vs. undead question 07/30/2019 10:06 PM CDT

I currently have an eonak(?) mace which hits undead without a blessing, but when I try to use shield bash it doesn't work, and I realize it's because my shield is vultite. If I got an eonak shield would I be able to use shield bash against the undead? I'm guessing so, but just wanted to make sure before I go figure out how to get one!
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 07/31/2019 04:54 AM CDT
Yes. A sancted shield will work for Cmans on the undead for a paladin. You can also get a standard shield blessed (and guiding light it), so long as it doesn't have any sort of disqualifying ability.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 07/31/2019 06:00 PM CDT
>>I currently have an eonak(?) mace which hits undead without a blessing, but when I try to use shield bash it doesn't work, and I realize it's because my shield is vultite. If I got an eonak shield would I be able to use shield bash against the undead? I'm guessing so, but just wanted to make sure before I go figure out how to get one!

As a devout follower of Eonak, Clunk has never had the good fortune to find an eonake slab to make blades from.
Many eonake items are naturally sanctified (it is inherent to eonake metal) to support striking undead when wielded by a Cleric or Paladin.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 07/31/2019 08:14 PM CDT

Is this the right forum to ask which shield metals would be sanctified if Eonake is hard to find?
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 07/31/2019 08:41 PM CDT
<Is this the right forum to ask which shield metals would be sanctified if Eonake is hard to find?>

White ora and eonake are the two sanctified metals. I don't think I've ever seen a white ora shield.... and a quick search of player shops seems to confirm they're much less common and more expensive then eonake ones.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/01/2019 09:08 AM CDT
Then again, since white ora shields are basically useful from 5th level, and eonake shields are usable from 10th level, and you can pretty well smoke through those five levels in about a week of heavy play (it took me two weeks of extremely casual)...
Why would most people even bother with tracking down (and paying for!) a white ora, when they'll be able to use the more powerful one so soon?
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/01/2019 11:11 AM CDT
<Why would most people even bother with tracking down (and paying for!) a white ora, when they'll be able to use the more powerful one so soon?>

If you're looking for a perfect weapon it would be less expensive by far to buy white ora and have it enchanted up to 4x or more by a wizard. Eonake slabs are much rarer then white ora slabs are... and sell for more then perfect white ora weapons do.

I think the reason there are far more eonake shields out there is cause white ora is only supposed to be used for weapons according to the wiki.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/01/2019 05:20 PM CDT
>> I think the reason there are far more eonake shields out there is cause white ora is only supposed to be used for weapons according to the wiki.

Eonake shield were incredibly rare and hard to come by (especially tower) until about three years back when they were released at EG off the shelf.

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/04/2019 08:59 PM CDT
>Eonake shield were incredibly rare and hard to come by (especially tower) until about three years back when they were released at EG off the shelf.

Eonake shields are still incredibly rare and hard to come by. Sanctified shields were released off the shelf at EG, but they were sanctified vultite shields (with a soupçon of eonake to justify the sanctification).

Your careful inspection of a rectangular vultite greatshield riveted with silvery eonake allows you to conclude that it is a tower shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.

Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/05/2019 10:21 AM CDT
That said, I believe I fairly frequently run across <random items> that LoreSing as holy. Mostly wearable imbedables, but I'm sure I've seen random armor/weapon/accessory pieces, too.
There's a full page of "all shields" with the keyword "holy" on PlayerShops right now, including a couple of Enhancive ones (like a +10 to Shield Use, or +6 to Shield Use, or one greatshield with four different things).
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/05/2019 07:03 PM CDT
The Rando Holy on a loresing started happening after that April update to loresongs a while back.

The rando blurriness message on some imbeddibles started happening at the end of the loresong after that same time, too.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Paladin Shield vs. undead question 08/06/2019 05:53 PM CDT
>> Eonake shields are still incredibly rare and hard to come by. Sanctified shields were released off the shelf at EG, but they were sanctified vultite shields (with a soupçon of eonake to justify the sanctification).

I stand corrected.

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"