(Repost-OOC)Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 10:51 AM CDT

After 10 years in my second run, and approximately 20+ years overall, I have decided to close out my account for the final time.

I'm not going to bore you all with the details, suffice it to say, I've been dealing with a few medical issues over the past months that have mostly been addressed and are no longer issues, but i do still have a couple of open issues that i'm dealing with....but i'm generally in better shape than i was when i last logged in. The primary problem with me, is time. I don't have it anymore. It's pretty much an open secret what i do to pay the bills, but for those of you who don't know, i work as a dispatcher for a Town Police department. A busy one that's chronically understaffed, so 12-16 hour days are mostly the rule and not the exception these days.(Is it any wonder why i'm dealing with chronic fatigue and thyroid issues? lol)

Over the past 25 years(off and on) i've seen a lot of change come to this game that had its humble beginnings on GEnie. Some good, and some not so good. A game that i really started playing on AOL only as a diversion when Multiplayer Battletech either had full servers, or was generally down...which happened a lot, and it wound up becoming a pretty large part of my teenage and adult life, and that's mostly due to the players and staff i've run into over the years, too numerous to mention. Most of you guys know who you are, however special mention needs to go to GM Kenstrom, who got me hooked on playing the game again when i started my run back up again in 2012. I was only going to stay for a bit, i wound up staying for Cross into Shadows, and most of the storylines that followed.

It was a good run for me. But like the old story goes, All good Things must come to an end.

Thank you all very much. I love you all.

-Andrew G
Hapenlok, Timjirdos and Cewber's Player