Hall of Knowledge Update Request 05/05/2022 09:45 AM CDT
While touring the libraries across Elanthia, I recently became aware that it is possible to purchase a copy of any given book that is available to be checked out via the standard library system.  Naturally, being the typical GS player, I realized that I had to collect every single one of the books out there. Because that just makes sense.

This is done by checking out and turning back in a book enough times until a random chance pops up where the librarian will offer to sell a copy of the book, basically because you like it enough.  The purchase offer is, from what I can tell, entirely random.  It could take 10 tries or over 200.  (I actually ran across a bug associated with this, which fortunately the wonderful GH Sirilida and GM Naos were able address so I could continue the process.)

Buying a book isn't cheap.  After checking out a book a random number of times -- some of them were a bit over 200 checkouts before I got the offer -- you then have to pay an additional fee, which for the ones I purchased was 75-80k silvers.  That results in a variable price that depends on the book sale price, the book checkout fee, and of course the random number of times it takes to trigger the sale offer. I was able to successfully buy all five books in the Solhaven library.

After extensive testing, and apparently a massive waste of money (well in excess of 5m silvers at several libraries), I have gotten confirmation that only the Solhaven library is set up with this system in place.  In addition, there is zero way for a player to see this on our end; it takes a GM looking at the library system in order to see if it was flagged on the back in this way or not.

The Landing's library in the Museum is NOT set up this way.  I would like to request this be changed so that I can have the option of purchasing some of the books there if I am willing to sink enough funds into the process.

Thank you for considering this.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.