Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/01/2022 03:26 PM CDT
On the heels of the Town Council voting to remove Amos as the current Steward of the Guilds in Wehnimer's Landing, Mayor Thadston took a brief moment this afternoon to make a statement.

"Historically it has been our enemies that have sought to divide us, whether it be irrational, unpredictable behavior, or striking during inopportune times. As it turns out, our enemies currently share little difference with our existing town councilors. We have seen the krolvin wage war against our town, frighten and kidnap our townspeople, damage our structures, and make promises to keep such conflict continuing. Without consideration of anyone beyond themselves, the town councilors rushed through a vote to remove Amos as the Steward of the Guilds, which comes at both an inopportune time, and serves to divide us further. Unfortunately, I cannot at this moment make a clear distinction between krolvin warlord or elected councilor as who currently poses the bigger threat."

"While I would be the first man to tell you of the corrupted nature and character of Amos, and how I despise the man, I cannot with the same mind dismiss the voice and choice of many of the prominent merchants that call Wehnimer's Landing home. If I served or stood beside only people I could tolerate, then I'd be standing alone. But a true leader is one who is able to prioritize one's threats on the battlefield, because make no mistake, survival in Elanthia is always a war of us versus whatever danger has risen next. The town councilors have allowed their personal bias to adversely effect their decision making, and ultimately steered events in town that could negatively impact the very people that voted them into power. I have lost confidence in these councilors, and already my office has been swarmed with local merchants complaining and up in arms about their decision."

"Because our town councilors have shown their hand and proven themselves to be inadequate to help govern fairly, I am taking specific actions today to help prevent further irresponsible developments that might cost lives instead of hurt feelings. I am fully aware that the krolvin warlord Tyrrax intends to parlay at the Black Sands this evening. I will not be in attendance. I will remain in town, protecting those I have sworn to shield. For those who go out to meet with this warlord, I will not stop you, but I will suggest an abundance of caution. But most importantly, under no circumstance should any concession, agreement, contract, or accord be made with this warlord that does not first be presented to me to both review and decide upon. If any single town councilor takes it upon themselves to try to officially broker a deal beyond a discussion, then I will consider it an act of treason against Wehnimer's Landing, with punishment of removal and banishment the least of the options."

"Go, talk to this krolvin if you must, hear him, correct him, whatever you feel you need done. But nothing shall be agreed upon without my approval. In addition, I will begin considering creating a war council of advisors who can help consult on matters of threats and conflict, as we look to always address our enemies outside, and within our gates."

With that, it is said Mayor Thadston grumbled about needing a new chair and marched back into Moot Hall.
Re: Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/01/2022 10:46 PM CDT
"On the heels of the Town Council voting to remove Amos as the current Steward of the Guilds in Wehnimer's Landing..."

This is something that happened or is this an April Fool's joke?

Is Discord going to be the source for finding out about these things going forward?

Basically, literally, this is the first indication I have that something like this was even going on. I have no idea if it's a secret Council meeting or some big event that happened in game.
Re: Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/01/2022 11:45 PM CDT
Nope. It's real. The town council members are all player characters and had a meeting in the game the other day to vote on it. A lot of us did not find out about it until later.

Thadston apparently got blindsided by it. He threw his chair through his window and yelled about it last night when he found out.
Re: Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/02/2022 12:26 AM CDT
I didn't know about it either. It happened on Wednesday, 3/30, sometime around 9 in the evening, based on the time stamps I see on someone's mentioning of it in our Faendryl Enclave Discord channel (this wasn't someone who was part of the meeting but the only person I knew who even heard of it; he came in about halfway through it). There wasn't a mention of it on any other channel, and it was only by chance that the person who happened to log on and happened to hear about it as it was going on was in our MHO channel and mentioned it.

Time to lobby for some transparency in Landing government? :D

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/03/2022 09:39 AM CDT
RofL. It seems I was better informed than Xorus merely by occasionally glancing at my thought window. (of course Xorus really knew all along and didn't say anything because he assumed everyone else that mattered knew too;))
Re: Mayor Thadston Issues Warning! 04/04/2022 10:10 PM CDT
<<RofL. It seems I was better informed than Xorus merely by occasionally glancing at my thought window. (of course Xorus really knew all along and didn't say anything because he assumed everyone else that mattered knew too;))>>

Ha. I'm rarely logged in that early at night, so I heard about it from someone else when it was almost over.

... Xorus probably knew, though. He either didn't think it mattered if I knew, or I never asked him.

- Xorus' player