Message to Mestanir 04/05/2016 12:20 PM CDT
>Last week, a parcel was included with the weekly shipment of relief supplies carried by caravan to the Barony of Mestanir. The parcel was filled with a number of tracts, with instructions to disperse them amongst the refugees, the Vornavian and Jantalarian garrisons, and even the wild mages still residing in the hills. The tracts read:

Friends in Mestanir,

In just a few short days, the Prelate of Talador, Chaston Griffin, will visit your lands, no doubt to minister to you in the hopes of easing your suffering. He will urge you to place your faith in the God-King, and say to you that a new dawn is coming, one in which the shadows will be cast away in blood until only Koar's light remains. He may even state that the destruction of the monuments so sacred to your faith in the God-king some years ago were doubtlessly done by the very same hands that would corrupt you now.

I say to you, my brothers and sisters under the Imperial Sun, guard your minds and hearts against the message spoken by this man!

Already he has shown no care for the laws of our realm, nor does he respect the hierarchy of the Church, overstepping his bounds and authority at every turn in the hopes of spreading his vile words. With his army of Blameless, he has already begun to sow the seeds of terror throughout the Empire, and he sees your lands as fertile soil. His teachings veer drastically astray of those of the Church, resembling one of those very cults that he so vigorously purges without presenting any evidence of their purported crimes.

The people of Mestanir lived under the rule of an oppressive ruler for long enough! Would you so quickly bow and accept the yoke of another, after having tasted and enjoyed the sweetness of freedom?

Would you so quickly turn on your brother, your sister, or even those who stood beside you for so many years, fighting with you to free and restore your lands? Those who suffered with you, bled with you, and on that fateful day that your grand city fell, sacrificed the lives of their very best, to ensure that you and your children would have their lives, and their future?

Where was this man, who amasses followers and takes the glory that should be the God-king's alone? Where was this man, who will come and speak his words to you in the hopes of bringing comfort and warmth, all too late? Where was this man when the blood of our own was spilled with the blood of yours, thus creating a bond more sacred than family?

He was underground, in an old mine, digging up rocks for his collection!

Such a man, my brothers, my sisters, I name false! False to his following! False to his Church! False to His Majesty, long may he reign!

And I name him false to you, to your fallen, and to our own.

This is the man who would hold you in bondage once more, taking away that you have so grievously won. Let no man, whether it be Chaston Griffin or any other, take that away from you. Remember the fallen, and the gifts they purchased for you in blood.

Your Brother in Vornavis,
Sir Aydan Mursilis
Knight-Banneret of the Turamzzyrian Empire
Captain of the Vornavian Reserve
Protector of Solhaven
Arbiter and Preceptor of Lumnis
Adjudicator, Order of the Azure Sun

You note, "And if someone happens to stumble into it every now and then and fire, well, accidents happen."
Bristenn stumbles toward a glowing blue-white pylon before regaining his balance.
Bristenn steadies the blue-white pylon and fires!
Re: Message to Mestanir 04/05/2016 05:58 PM CDT

>>He was underground, in an old mine, digging up rocks for his collection!

and, do tell, what is wrong with that?

I mean, if no one tells him, he won't know.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)