The Jewel Remembered 05/05/2015 02:49 PM CDT
It was nearly a year ago, that Cosima Chisholm, the Jewel of Talador, lost her life in a savage act of brutality in the town of Wehnimer’s Landing. Anti-imperial interlopers had invaded her home in the middle of the night, kidnapped her and held her for ransom until she was burned alive in a horrifying scene that still haunts some Taladorian soldiers who returned home from the conflict.

While some still speak of the tragedy of her death, and many others utter curses upon her murderers and the town they reside in, there shall always be a moment in time when her memory is recalled fondly, not for her end, but for her life, and her innocence, and her love of Talador, and its love for her in return.

So it is, that Prelate Chaston Griffin of the Church of Koar has called upon for a day of remembrance for Lady Cosima, the daughter and Jewel of Talador to be officially recognized within the Barony on Feastday, the 9th of Ivastaen. In a statement before a crowd of loyal supporters, while standing on the steps of the Temple of Koar, Chaston spoke:

“Children of Talador, each moon’s passing brings us closer to the tearful day when one year ago we lost the Jewel of our land to the cruelty of barbaric, murderous fiends who reside in the shadows of Wehnimer’s Landing, just beyond the light of the Sun Throne and Koar’s truth. But their wickedness has not won the day, and their evil has not stolen our resolve. But on this day of remembrance come week’s end, I ask that your hearts not be filled with hatred, but instead be stirred with the memory of our cherished daughter, and know that it is without a doubt that she is now honored among the great halls of Koargard itself. There will be a time for retribution, there will be a time for justice and peace, but we must honor her memory and her life, and never forget our place in the light.”

It is said that a brilliant marble statue of Cosima shall be unveiled in the courtyard of the Temple of Koar in Talador and that citizens of the Barony will be traveling all throughout the day to pay their respects and offerings to the Church. Many shops and other establishments will be closed during the morning to allow for a region wide time of mourning, and for all those wishing, to be able to witness the statue’s debut. The Prelate went on to encourage any and all who wish to honor the tragic loss, find a way to do so if unable to attend the ceremony.
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/06/2015 12:45 AM CDT
A) I didn't realize this was a new folder. Yay?

B) In regards to this "announcement": You are truly an evil man, Kenstrom. Weren't you JUST commenting in another thread about how interesting you find it that this subject keeps coming up?

OOC: Truly, it's rather brilliant the propaganda for Cosima, via Talador. She was a pawn, being promised to whatever man needed to be inspired to do her father's bidding. Mind you, I didn't have any reasonably pleasant interactions with her (I missed the whole "Festival of Talador" thing), but still! She was gonna be married to this guy, then promised to Davard, etc. The Jewel of Talador was, in function, Talador's favorite poker chip. However, what I love, is that the corrupt Prelate gets to use her, STILL, in death, to keep deflecting off of his own corruption and venal motives, to keep pointing the dirty finger at Wehnimer's Landing, when, in reality, Talador is -far- more corrupt than the Landing is (especially now).

Anyway, let me compliment you on your powers of intrigue. You can weave a web, man. I love it. I suppose that I should really, truly, be starting to get worried for Turinrond, because no doubt this propoganda will bode poorly for his forthcoming punishment, but I .. I can't. It's just too interesting, too clever, and I am looking forward to seeing how the ole boy gets through it all. It's kind of exciting. While he's been trying to keep his nose clean in lieu of Brieson's inquisition, he may just be forced to say, 'screw it, yolo' and go forth and dig himself in, deeper. We'll see. Either way, I know the smackdown is possibly (likely) coming soon, and I have a ... sneaking suspicion ... that this little announcement is somehow related.

Respectfully,

~ Bill, Coyote.

The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.
~ Voltaire
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/06/2015 07:51 AM CDT
Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest? :)

Wolfloner
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/06/2015 08:10 AM CDT

Well, you -are- the assassin.

:p

- Guards haul off the stupid corpse. -
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/07/2015 02:21 AM CDT
wait when is this? this month? next?

lumnea is june but the 9th of lumnea is a tuesday

help i don't know how to calendar

Khristal asks, "Who uses scimitars anyway?"

Svardin says, "Folks dat should use axes."

You nod sagely.
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/07/2015 09:31 AM CDT
>>wait when is this? this month? next?

>>lumnea is june but the 9th of lumnea is a tuesday

Dangit! Stinking Elanthia time vs real time! Hah. I fixed it. It was supposed to read Ivastaen (May) 9th. This is actually all RP though, I won't be opening up Talador in-game, but Prelate Chaston Griffin did so generously encourage those unable to attend to find their own way to mourn her during that time.

Not to say we won't ever see a Return to Talador...but not this week. :)

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru
Re: The Jewel Remembered 05/07/2015 10:41 AM CDT
>Not to say we won't ever see a Return to Talador...but not this week. :)

Why you.. tease, you.
http://i.minus.com/ibuTFrcq4HjNBQ.gif

Seriously, I hate I missed that during my long hiatus. A return or a similar field trip to another imperial land would be soooomething else.

~Arrec's Player