The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 05:46 PM CDT
News has traveled from the Barony of Talador that most recently a sect of suspected Althedeus worshippers were uncovered in a nearby city of the capitol and systematically vanquished after evidence was discovered of destruction of Arkati shrines and blood rituals to try to summon back to life the great shadow demon of chaos.

Prelate Chaston Griffin of the Church of Koar in Talador ordered the operation to be carried out, and utilized the renowned group of devout warriors of Koar called The Blameless to hunt down and eradicated the menace.

The Prelate went on to praise the actions and say, “The power of Koar’s Light has seen victory today, as the enemies of the Godking have found themselves abandoned before the gates of Koargard, begging for mercy for their darkness, but finding none in their new life beyond this one. Let this be a lesson for the followers of chaos who remain in scattered pockets around our world. The Light of Koar knows no boundaries, and it suffers no evil.”

Rumors have already circulated among citizens of Talador that the sect discovered was in fact worshippers of Marlu and not in any way tied to anti-Arkati movements or devotion to Althedeus, and some have expressed their fears about the rising pressure of Koar worship in the area and the dangers it might bring to those of other faiths.

Absolutely no one was available for further comment.
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 06:47 PM CDT
Interesting development... it would seem increasingly likely that we haven't heard the last of Althedeus and/or the Shadows, after all.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 06:48 PM CDT
[/ducks before Sir Bristenn notices him in this thread.]

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 07:12 PM CDT
THOU ART maybe welcome in this kingdom pending an investigation into blapple consumption.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 07:21 PM CDT
> blapple consumption.

Someone keeps putting those things on the slab in Luukos' shrine... GAISE LUUKOS DOESN'T WANT YOUR YUCKY APPLES, HE WANTS YOUR HEARTS... literally.

You abruptly say, "I'd rather be eaten by a vathor than deal with a cuddly gnome."
Speaking knowingly to you, Rozy exclaims, "Am bet are good at snuggles, and cuddles and smoochifications!"
AIM: LadyViridian
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 08:35 PM CDT
Ah, zealots spreading the word with fire, brimstone, and decadent fruit. My fave!

::leaves bananas at Ivas' shrine::

~Arrec's Player
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 03/30/2015 09:47 PM CDT
I love decadent fruits!

Also: total lulz @ "Blapples"...

- mia hollow
Re: The Light of Koar in Talador 04/01/2015 09:14 AM CDT

>Interesting development... it would seem increasingly likely that we haven't heard the last of Althedeus and/or the Shadows, after all.<

...or, it could just be that the Church of Koar is looking for riches and followers with tithes to add to the church offers...or just being the typical zealots. :-)

Cryheart