A New Life 05/17/2020 11:52 AM CDT
Walking hand in hand up a wooded trail, a small elven boy chatters to his father.

“Daddy, are we really going to live here with other elves? Will there be other children like me to play with? Can I go to school? Will we really own our own house? Can I help you cut wood? What is the tallest tree we will cut down? Will the other elves like us here?”

The boy continues to prattle on until the man begins to sing a working song in a rich, deep voice. As the man sings, the boys quiets and listens for a moment before joining in.

Later that night...

Sitting outside of a small cottage, the same elven man perches on a stump sharping an axe. A lovely woman sits nearby mending a torn shirt.

“Haryn, are you sure it will be different here? What if we lived in the Empire too long? Will we be accepted? Was that man correct? Are we truly welcome?”

Pausing to place his axe and sharpening stone on the ground, the man pivots his body to gaze into her eyes. He takes her small hand between his roughened grasp.

“I know we take a risk, but we had to. Look around you, Kyshna. Forests full of wood. And our savings bought us this little cottage. Did we ever own so much back there? Faerinn said this Argent Mirror would welcome us in her city. So far, he has not been wrong.”

Looking worried, she responds, “But we have not seen her yet, what if she does not? Just because her secretary gave us a permit for the business, does not mean we are totally welcome.”

Leaning over to place a gentle kiss on her lips, he says, “We will be. Now, let’s tuck Nirynn in, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.”

OOC:

Haryn, his wife Kyshna, and son Nirynn have recently moved from the Turamzzyrian Empire to open up a campfire supply shop. They have purchased the cottage in the glade along the wooded trail leading into Sylvarraend and have added a shed for selling their wares. They look forward to greeting their new customers. The family members may be seen around town from time to time as they try and make friends in Ta’Illistim.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: A New Life 05/17/2020 02:05 PM CDT
One of the best written introductions for new NPC's I've seen. Well done and thank you!

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

http://radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/

http://thetehirchronicles.blogspot.ca/