Out of Time 02/11/2022 07:46 PM CST
Salnim Malwind walked down the halls of Vornavis Keep and entered his rooms. He picked up a crystal laying upon a table and carried it over to the window, looking off into the distance at the setting sun as he closed his eyes and the crystal began to faintly glow. A blur of sensations ran through his mind, but most of all was that of loving warmth.

"Salnim," the thoughts of Kasendra echoed in his mind, "there you are."

"My lady," the young lord thought as he smiled, "to feel your thoughts upon mine is to make the sun a little more bright and the distance between us a little less."

The tickle of laughter and warmth flowed back in response, though something else ran beneath the surface, "Ever the charmer, my lord. And ever having the words needed at times like these."

The smile upon Salnim's face faded and turned to a frown, "Kas, is something wrong?"

"Something? No," Kasendra responded with a resigned sigh, "Everything? Yes. Just tell me that you will be here soon. That you will all be here soon."

"It will only be a couple more days, our ship leaves on the morning tide," Salnim answered, "but Kas, what is it? We may be at opposite ends of the Empire, but at this moment we are together. How can I help?"

"You already have, my love. Just get you and all your family here. Just do that and things will be as right as they can be."

"Then it shall be so. There's nothing more?"

"Just make sure there are no delays," Kasendra answered, her thoughts steeled with resolve, "We're out of time."

The crystal in Salnim's hand went dark, and he opened his eyes. Off in the distance the sun sunk below the horizon.