Skinning Rotting Chimeras 09/28/2021 04:09 PM CDT
I've bugged this before in-game maybe a year or two ago, but maybe it is something I am doing wrong and someone can give me a tip on doing this bounty:

R>l
[Millah's Fens, Tall Reeds - 11692]
Discarded and rusting pieces of armor cover a small clearing in the tall reeds, many overgrown with mosses and lichen, and held together by little more than rust. Only a single shattered skull fixed to the trunk of a dead tree offers any evidence of human remains in the clearing, while the silence of the fens is interrupted only by the buzzing swarm cloud of gnats. You also see the <inept skinner> disk, a rotting chimera that appears dead and a crooked willow runestaff.
Obvious paths: east, southwest
R>bount

You have been tasked to retrieve 5 chimera stingers of at least exceptional quality for Felinium in River's Rest. You can SKIN them off the corpse of a rotting chimera or purchase them from another adventurer. You can SELL the skins to the furrier as you collect them."

>knee
You kneel down.
K>skin chim
You cannot skin a rotting chimera.

Tried using a knife, hands-free, blessed knife.
Re: Skinning Rotting Chimeras 09/28/2021 04:25 PM CDT
Not all chimera can be skinned, only the ones with scorpion tails are skinnable. The ones with arachnid tails are unskinable. If you LOOK at them you can see which they are if you don't wanna bother with the arachnid ones.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Skinning Rotting Chimeras 09/28/2021 04:26 PM CDT

Thanks OG!
Re: Skinning Rotting Chimeras 09/28/2021 04:30 PM CDT
Also, I try to keep a bundle or two of chimera stingers in Sixle's shop if you find them to be too much of a pain.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.