River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/06/2021 09:04 AM CDT
Denizens of River's Rest, I have been unable to return to your lovely town recently as hoped, but you have been on my mind.

We have received a communication from the Mayor of Icemule Trace regarding the metal manticore that attacked the town and may pose a danger throughout the lands. Given its widespread potential for mayhem, I'm concerned for your town.

The Mayor has scheduled an exploration for nine hours past noon as the elves reckon time tomorrow, the Day of the Huntress. I encourage as many of you as possible to join and assess the dangers. Learn what you can for how to protect your town and spread your findings to all you can.

I hope to see you all again soon.

By my hand,
Lady Kynsella a'Vatale of County Torre

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/06/2021 08:38 PM CDT
OOC: to help make it easier for this cross town interaction.. feel free to look for Arianiss, Dayzed, Jastalyn, Kittai, and/or Kobane as we're members of the Icemule Town Council and that can perhaps make it easier to create an organic entry to the Icemule part of things ("Hey, we were asked to come here by Lady Kynsella the (what is she again?) of River's Rest, I was told you're on the Town Council? What's going on?")
Re: River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/07/2021 04:20 PM CDT
>>Lady Kynsella the (what is she again?) of River's Rest,

A relative of the Count of Torre who has been taking an interest in RR as of late...she says, vaguely.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/08/2021 06:09 AM CDT
Since I hear newscasters say this all the time (and it bugs the everlovin' crap outta me), the phrasing is:
"of late"
or
"as of now".

"As of late" is a mish-mash of both, and not correct.
Re: River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/08/2021 07:40 AM CDT
<(and it bugs the everlovin' crap outta me)>

Now as of late....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: River's Rest Take Heed: Metallic Manticore Madness! 05/08/2021 08:02 AM CDT
This just in! Random passing dwarves sought out and beat the natal stuffing out of a well-known Sorcerer, muttering "rhetoric" and "grammar" under their breath while doing so.
No actual reason for the assault has been put forward by town officials, and remains a mystery to them....