Reflections on the Zul Logoth Trade Talks 03/24/2021 07:24 PM CDT
Kynsella retired to her room at the Bawdy Bard Inn after the trade talks and quickly sat down to write a letter to Torre officials. The event had certainly taken an unexpected turn. When the call had come out, it was assumed to mean minor trade offerings from the dwarves or even perhaps some posturing because of their positioning between the Nations and the Empire as a conduit for quicker trade. (Of course, given the state of the overland paths she was taken on to get to Zul Logoth a slow ship along the cost seemed the better option). Instead, the Landing representative publicly requested significant amounts of weaponry resulting in a chaos of opinions amongst the rest of the delegates, including herself.

Since she had plans to visit River's Rest before returning home, she was sending a letter in advance to Torre detailing the more complacent requests for trade items as well as the various significant requests and, perhaps most importantly, the other delegates' reactions. She mentioned as well the minor trade deal done for River's Rest, an offer of empty casks to be used for non-combat purposes in exchange for dwarven ale. She would have done some other minor haggling for simple exchanges but felt it was more important to partake in the weaponry discussion and take detailed notes. Perhaps she'll finagle some other trade goods at a later date.

Despite only a short visit to the town, she felt an affinity to the denizens she'd met thus far and their quirky sense of community. She also enjoyed dipping her toe into the politics and machinations outside Fairport. Perhaps, she'll continue doing this. There were plenty of other siblings, cousins, and distant relatives to keep the Fairport and Torre wheels turning. It was refreshing to use some of her studies and hobbies for something other than court intrigue and do something meaningful.

[OOC Note: I am hoping to keep bringing Kynsella around to be infected by the Rest. I enjoyed interacting with the Resters at the events last weekend who kept up an excellent whisper conversation between themselves about Kynsella's motives.]

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Reflections on the Zul Logoth Trade Talks 03/30/2021 12:47 PM CDT
Keep coming to Restday Fast Breaking, please!