Hunting Pinefar 09/03/2010 10:37 PM CDT
Ulaahn is ready, and wants to hunt Pinefar. Just a couple of quick questions...

What's the best way to combat the cold? Should I wear clothing in every possibly slot, and does certain clothing work better than others?

If the cold's a problem, I can carry herbs to help with that. I heard dodging into caves is a good idea while hunting.

Thanks,
-Ulaahn
-LizardClan
AIM: LizardClan1
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/03/2010 10:57 PM CDT
Use 602 and make sure you sit in front of a warm fire for about 10 minutes before going out into the cold. I don't think clothes actually help any.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/05/2010 03:09 AM CDT
>>If the cold's a problem, I can carry herbs to help with that. I heard dodging into caves is a good idea while hunting.

The cold will be a problem, you should be carrying herbs anyway. However, if you stay out to long eventually you will take a death crit more then likely to an eye.

As stated 602 will help you stay out longer before you get cold as will training in survival.

When you get cold there are a few places on the mountain that you can use to warm up in, they all have fires and all of them are nodes. While up there you will receive messaging and know when you aren't cold any more.
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/05/2010 03:17 AM CDT
My empath was so bad at making fires that she would get the no longer cold messaging before she could ever make a fire. :(

~Becca
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/05/2010 04:35 AM CDT
>>My empath was so bad at making fires that she would get the no longer cold messaging before she could ever make a fire. :(

Training in survival also helps with this too. You must have some really bad luck because even without any training it was a rare thing for it to take more then a few tries to light a fire.
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/06/2010 12:15 PM CDT
Training in survival also helps with this too. You must have some really bad luck because even without any training it was a rare thing for it to take more then a few tries to light a fire.

Not all firepits are created equal.

-- Faulkil
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/07/2010 02:31 AM CDT
I have a ton of survival but I could never figure out the way to light a fire, the system was written pretty poorly. GET STICK FROM STICKS!

-Olivier/Chivalrous

Proud inventor of the causality destroying Droit ballista
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/07/2010 02:51 AM CDT
Yeah. Get stick from sticks or get 1 stick, then rub my stick on my other stick.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/07/2010 12:08 PM CDT
Its not even that hard. If you are in one of the caves its get pile firewood until you get a single stick, you don't need two. Type rub stick, then get another one and do the same. If its one of the rooms with the basket of sticks, get stick, rub my stick.
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/09/2010 01:22 PM CDT
>Its not even that hard. If you are in one of the caves its get pile firewood until you get a single stick, you don't need two. Type rub stick, then get another one and do the same. If its one of the rooms with the basket of sticks, get stick, rub my stick.

Yeah but you often get like 10 firewoods before you get a stick so you have to start putting the firewoods in a backpack because you can't drop them on the floor until you get the stick or it will break the get stick from stick verb. Very annoying.

-Olivier/Chivalrous

Proud inventor of the causality destroying Droit ballista
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/10/2010 12:25 AM CDT
"Yeah but you often get like 10 firewoods before you get a stick so you have to start putting the firewoods in a backpack because you can't drop them on the floor until you get the stick or it will break the get stick from stick verb. Very annoying."

This had to have been adjusted at some point or I've been extremely lucky lately. Its been a really long time since I've had to pull more than one or two pieces of firewood out of my backpack
Re: Hunting Pinefar 09/10/2010 01:48 AM CDT
I've been pulling out a lot more sticks lately too.

The get stick from stick is for those baskets of sticks, you only pull sticks from those. If you use get pile firewood, you will only grab from the pile and not pick up any pieces of firewood you've dropped in search of sticks. When I was hunting in those places often I took to carrying two sticks just so I didn't have to search for them, only remember to put two away as I found them feeding the fire.