Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/02/2014 01:50 PM CDT
Curious.. how old are Fallen Crusaders at Plane 4 of the rift? The beastery doesn't have them there and I thought I was good to fight there for undead by myself but trying to find out why I got feared at 84 trains with a pure potion and Dauntless both active on my paladin.

Just curious. Obviously I'm going to move down a plane or two when soloing The Rift, but it's my only option to fight something undead that's near my level (84). Bonespear grinding is just too slow and painful to try get the last 6 steps I need to master Voln.

Thanks.

- Falvicar
Re: Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/02/2014 01:59 PM CDT
97 plus / minus BSC variance.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_crusader

Watch out for the crawlers (103 plus / minus), too. They can 'frighten' you into immobility with their screech.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enormous_rift_crawler

Doug
Re: Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/02/2014 03:28 PM CDT
Poor Paladins, unable to milk a capped hunting ground for favor at level 84. Paladins are in need of yet another massive upgrade to their capabilities.

If you want to milk favor in the Rift, Plane 5 is the next one down from 4 level wise, and is the undead one. The other planes all have undead/living mixtures with substantial amounts of living included. If you can't milk 5, you should probably be on 1 for favor or just picking up what you get as you do AG tasks on 1,2 and 3. There's no point in being on 4.

Symbol of Courage gives 3 levels worth of fear protection, which is the amount you were short against normal BCS variation of crusaders. Unusual circumstances, such as walking in on a grizzled variant that had just killed its hunter, could require quite a lot more.
Re: Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/02/2014 04:02 PM CDT

The crawlers are easy.. I was just shocked since I can't remember the last I managed to get feared. At least I wasn't drooling! <grin>

Thank you both.
Re: Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/02/2014 05:17 PM CDT
<The crawlers are easy..>

Until one burrows on you.

Wear slash fittings. They can do double damage type (crush too) but slash is the main killer.
Re: Fallen Crusaders at the Rift 10/03/2014 06:07 AM CDT

>At least I wasn't drooling!

You can get rifted into the scatter from 4. You'd drool to liches, and if you had lost one of your fear protections on 4 you could have drooled there too. You'd need something beyond normal BCS variation to drool on 5 even if all your fear protections had got dispelled.

>I can't remember the last I managed to get feared.

Talador mines was the last time I drooled. I've had minor fear after being rifted into the scatter.

>Until one burrows on you.

They burrow on paladins? How shocking! I thought the crawlers would be too scared of getting nerfed to dare do that.