New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/12/2022 06:40 PM CST
Hi all,

We are going to be holding auditions for a new player post in Mist Harbor: The Minstrel of Mist Harbor.

The Minstrel will be expected to:
* - Put on one scheduled performance for the town every other month, at minimum. This performance is meant to be primarily for entertainment, which can take on many different forms. The performances are not required to be any specific medium.
* - Get/Maintain citizenship in FWI for the length of time that they remain in the post.
* - Serve as the point of contact for news and events pertaining to Mist Harbor, from an in-character perspective. Traditionally, minstrels traveled from town to town and gave performances, but also shared the news from the local towns, spreading word of what's going on. They would literally be "the" person to see about things of this nature, and would be expected to remain up to date so that they could ably serve that role.
* - Understand that this post will be on a trial basis for 6 months, at which time the decision will be made whether to continue them in that role or to seek a replacement.

The Minstrel will receive:
* - The Postname Title: Minstrel of Mist Harbor

The auditions will function as follows:
All who are interested should send an email to GS4-QUILIC@Play.net, indicating their interest, and including their account name and character name. Those players will receive, via email, a prompt 24 hours before the audition itself, and will be expected to use that time to craft their performance. As above, this performance can take on many forms, but it must address/incorporate the prompt, and it should be crafted for entertainment value. The auditions themselves will be held on Sunday, January 30th at 4pm EST in Mist Harbor (location TBD, but announced well ahead of time).

Emails from interested parties should be received no later than midnight EST on January 23rd.

Thanks,

~ASGM Quilic
Four Winds Isle/Mist Harbor Storyteller
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/12/2022 08:39 PM CST
Sounds really tempting, but my landing shop is tied to my landing citizenship. Best of luck to the participants.

-Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 12:44 AM CST
Hi Q,

Couple questions:

-I know the location will be announced ahead of time. Will it be somewhere we can check out too or at least see a room description?

-If the location is a stage/pavilion/theater something similar, can we assume there are stage elements (lanterns, curtains, etc)

-Is there a time limit to the performance? In the past something like Bardfest has been 10 mins and under.

-(Dunno if you can share this) Is the prompt going to be a word, two words? A theme?

-Are there any rules to the performance at all? As far as it being an original piece that hasn't been performed before?

-Is there criteria the judges will be looking for in each performance to determine the best candidate for the job?

~Kayse's figment of her imagination.

"Can you ask for easier alters so I don't have to scrounge through obscure documents to find out what you're asking for? xoxo." - Retser
"I'm not sure how you move with all those crackers." -Xynwen
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 06:11 AM CST
Answers and things!

- You should not plan to have a stage of any kind. Minstrels need to bring their materials with them, and be ready to perform at any handy gathering of folks. The venue is likely to be a thematically simple "room", without much in the way of props or scenery (though if auditioners wanted to bring ambience-creating items along, that would of course be allowed).

- We're going to go with 5 minutes per performance, max. I wouldn't mind longer performances, but there are overall time considerations for the GM Judges, so we want to make sure and keep things moving.

- The prompt will be something along these lines: What is the saddest you've ever been? (Please note that that is NOT the prompt, but the type of preparation you might do given that prompt is similar to what you will likely need to do with the actual prompt.) It is not expected that the auditioner simply 'answer the question', though of course they may. They are expected to take the prompt and turn it into a performance of some kind. If the performance never specifically answers the question, but plays with the emotions generated upon being asked the question, then they will have more than satisfied that part of the requirements.

- I would prefer an original piece, as it's my hope that the Minstrel will be creating original pieces for people to enjoy while in the post. That said, there is no specific rule against performing a 'classic'.

- The judges will be given a set of three factors to judge for each performance, in order to try and make things simpler. Those criteria will be distributed with the prompt, 24 hours ahead of the audition itself.

Of note:

- I am exploring lifting the citizenship requirement. I do not have final word yet if that will be possible, but will advise as soon as I have an answer.

- The auditions themselves will be open to the public.

Thanks!

~ASGM Quilic
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 06:37 AM CST
The citizenship requirement has been removed from this position.

~ASGM Quilic
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 10:44 AM CST

Once all the Bugs get worked out for Minstrel of Mist Harbor perhaps it can be expanded to all the cities. Minstrel of Ta'Illistim, Minstrel of Solhaven, Minstrel of Wehnimer's Landing.

Maybe?
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 12:18 PM CST

At last! Bards are being recognized as something more than a gem purifier! Thank you so much.

Dremerie Chillchaser, THE Purple Bard

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of
all that is, has been, will be, and will not be....

"Life's not about surviving the storm, but about learning to dance in the rain."
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 01:25 PM CST
Thank you so much for the quick and thorough answers!

~Kayse's figment of her imagination.

"Can you ask for easier alters so I don't have to scrounge through obscure documents to find out what you're asking for? xoxo." - Retser
"I'm not sure how you move with all those crackers." -Xynwen
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/13/2022 09:02 PM CST
>At last! Bards are being recognized as something more than a gem purifier! Thank you so much.

Just to make sure people know, this post doesn't seem limited to Bards only... seems to be open to any profession.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Imaeran Inquisitor
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: New Player Post: Minstrel of Mist Harbor 01/29/2022 01:47 PM CST
For those who would like to come and observe the auditions, they will be held in the Mist Harbor Library Meeting Hall at 4pm EST.

Thanks,

~ASGM Quilic