Ollenheim seals a fumarole 07/05/2020 11:14 AM CDT
Summary: Ollenheim shows up to requests volunteers to help seal a fumarole of blue lava. He has collected some blue lava for investigation back in Ta'Illistim, and said he'll remain a while here to monitor the seal.

[Dragonspine and Krodera - 1932]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Keiiko disk, the orange Dontal disk, a green-eyed pale grey kitten, a charcoal cat, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a long fluffy tail, a lean silver fox with a black-tipped tail, an ethereal deep blue phoenix, a large raven that is flying around, an intricate glaes statue of comrades in arms, a stone bin, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Kawhi, Teiana, Dantax, Realk, Venruki, Lady Keiiko, Krayton, Walker of Lore Ollenheim, Dontal, Barakeel who is lying down, Milinra who is lying down, the body of Dyreknor who is lying down, Ryjex, Yakushi
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
Ollenheim says, "Elementals jump over to our plane when their plane intersects ours."
Ollenheim says, "I know the location of that intersection."
Keiiko sternly says, "We must stop this as soon as possible, to prevent more lives being taken."
Ollenheim adopts an agreeable expression.
You see Lady Keiiko Cuinn Ardenai the Academic.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is average height. She appears to be in the bloom of youth. She has gilt-striated luminous celadon eyes and blush-tinged soft peach skin. She has long, mussed tawny hair that erratically tones to argent-white blonde. She has a narrow face, a thin, slightly upturned nose and high cheekbones.
She is in good shape.
She is holding an elegant sephwir recurve bow in her left hand.
She is wearing a single-strapped hickory leather bookbag with tarnished copper drawstrings slung over her shoulder, a pair of wire-framed spectacles, a gilded fox fur stole with a shoulder-framing collar, an off-the-shoulder cream silk blouse, a sculpted umber leather corselet, a narrow morganite ring, a dark leather survival kit, some sleek black leather pants, a metal-banded dark leather thigh-quiver, and some russet leather ankle boots.
Teiana says, "I'm so going to die."
Ollenheim asks, "We need elemental magic. Anyone know any?"
You say, "Life and death happen every day."
Ollenheim grins.
Taulramil says, "Popcorn."
Taulramil says, "I wanna see this."
Keiiko frowns.
You say, "Elementals are known to get agitated here."
Ollenheim asks, speaking to Keiiko, "Know some elemental magic?"
Keiiko frowns.
You ask, "Do we have any missing dead?"
You see Walker of Lore Ollenheim.
He appears to be an Illistim Elf.
He is shorter than average. He appears to be young. He has hooded amber eyes and alabaster skin. He has tonsured, shiny golden blonde hair with lighter streaks. He has a bony face, an aquiline nose and thin lips.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a flame-branded kakore runestaff crowned with three thick drakar rings in his right hand.
He is wearing a white hat with a wide brim, a long white coat embroidered with gold around the collar, a silver hand emblem conjuring a gout of flame, a weathered canvas backpack, a scorched runestaff harness over some quilted leather armor buttoned along the right collar and shoulder, some narrow canvas pants, and some slim white leather boots with thick soles.
Keiiko says, speaking softly to Ollenheim, "Unfortunately, only spirituals."
Ollenheim says, speaking to Keiiko, "You can help infuse."
Ollenheim asks, "We can use anyone's help. Does anyone else wish to come along?"
You nod at Ollenheim.
You say, speaking to Ollenheim, "I'll try to help."
Taulramil asks, "What are you hunting?"
Ollenheim says, "Join me and we will attempt to seal the intersection that allows these elementals to enter our plane."
You join Ollenheim.
Ollenheim says, "We are off."
Taulramil says, "I'm just a warrior."
Taulramil nods.
Walker of Lore Ollenheim's group just went north.

[Geyser Flats, Fumarole - 14705]
The trail ends at a mound of silica-stained rock with a jagged fissure at its crown. From the opening erupts a loud hissing vent of steam and gases, topping the fumarole like a plume on a fancy hat. Pieces of petrified tree trunks litter the ground in the moonlight, victims of the geothermal violence. Bright blue lava flows down a groove in the side of the fumarole that disappears into a crevice at its base.
Also here: Teiana, Lady Keiiko, Walker of Lore Ollenheim
Obvious paths: southeast

Keiiko says, "I'm not sure this will end in our favor..."
Ollenheim points his kakore runestaff at a steaming fumarole.
Teiana says, "At least we're trying."
Keiiko slowly empties her lungs.
Keiiko nods.
Ollenheim says, "That is the intersection between their world and ours."
A roiling cloud of steam moves outward from a nearby steam vent.
You are buffeted by the roiling cloud of steam, but remain standing.
Keiiko gently rubs the burnt caramel kodkod on the head and neck. The kodkod breathes out a quick sigh.
Ollenheim says, "The color of the lava is because it is sulfur rich."
Keiiko says, speaking sweetly to a sleek burnt caramel kodkod, "Be vigililant."
You say, "Right."
Teiana asks, "What do we do?"
You say, "Could be acidic."
Ollenheim nods at Teiana.
You say, "If met with water."
Teiana groans.
Ollenheim removes a polished silver talisman from in his canvas backpack.
The irregular gash in the mineral-stained rock erupts with a constant jet of steam and gasses, making its near vicinity too hot to bear.
You say, "He mentioned some can infuse."
Ollenheim says, "I have prepared this talisman with elemental ice magic. We need to infuse it with more mana."
Ollenheim drops a polished silver talisman.
You must be holding the talisman to attempt to infuse it.
Keiiko nods.
Teiana says, "Ok, sounds easy enough."
Teiana bites her lip.
You pick up a polished silver talisman.
J>infuse my tal
You are not prepared to infuse that.
Keiiko apprehensively asks, "So what is our plan?"
You drop a polished silver talisman.
You ask, "How do we infuse it?"
Ollenheim says, "Infuse your mana into the area and the talisman will absorb it."
You release 304 mana into the surrounding area.
You nod.
(OOC) Keiiko's player whispers to the group, "That's great... How exactly do we do that?"
The talisman sparkles as mana is infused into the area.
Teiana furrows her brow.
(OOC) You whisper, "Infuse amount." to your group.
(OOC) Ollenheim's player whispers to the group, "INFUSE #."
Keiiko nods.
Using very precise and slow gestures with your hands, you tap into the raw elemental energy surrounding you in preparation to cast Mana Focus...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You struggle to gather the flows of essence in this area.
A strong whirlwind whips through the area, stirring up dust and other small pieces of debris, which form a small cloud overhead.
You feel that you have successfully been able to temporarily anchor the flows of essence in this area.
The whirlwind subsides, allowing the dust cloud to settle.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
You release 42 mana into the surrounding area.
The talisman vibrates slightly as it absorbs the mana being infused into the area.
Ollenheim nods to a polished silver talisman.
As the talisman absorbs the mana it begins to glow.
Keiiko tiredly says, "I've exhausted quite a bit, but am still ready to give more."
You say, "Looks like it's working."
Ollenheim says, "Excellent! We almost have it."
Keiiko nods.
J>mana pulse
An invigorating rush of mana pulses through you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
You release 60 mana into the surrounding area.
Teiana says, "I'm almost depleted."
(OOC) You whisper, "Don't forget mana pulse." to your group.
As the mana flows around the talisman it begins to vibrate and hum.
You say, "Try to push for more mana."
Teiana nods.
Ollenheim says, "It is ready."
Ollenheim kneels down.
You let loose a loud whoop of delight.
Keiiko beams!
Teiana gives a sigh of relief.
You grin at Teiana.
Teiana grins.
Keiiko sets about preparing herself to be as presentable as possible.
Ollenheim glances between a steaming fumarole and a polished silver talisman.
You say, "Good work all."
Ollenheim picks up a polished silver talisman.
Keiiko nods.
Keiiko glances at Ollenheim.
Ollenheim says, "I'm not sure what will happen..."
The near suffocating heat and humidity is suddenly drawn out of the area, leaving an eerie stillness to the surrounding environment. In the distance the sound of rushing air grows loud until finally, an impenetrable wall of steam moves outward from a nearby steam vent.
You are buffeted by the roiling cloud of steam, but remain standing.
You gulp.
Keiiko guardedly asks, "Are we sure this is a good idea?"
Keiiko glances around the area.
J>l
The trail ends at a mound of silica-stained rock with a jagged fissure at its crown. From the opening erupts a loud hissing vent of steam and gases, topping the fumarole like a plume on a fancy hat. Pieces of petrified tree trunks litter the ground in the moonlight, victims of the geothermal violence. Bright blue lava flows down a groove in the side of the fumarole that disappears into a crevice at its base. You also see the Keiiko disk and a sleek burnt caramel kodkod.
Also here: Teiana, Lady Keiiko, Walker of Lore Ollenheim who is kneeling
Ollenheim drops the talisman into the crevice.
Keiiko grimly asks, "With... So few numbers?"
Teiana quickly ducks behind you.
Keiiko wrings her hands.
Teiana stares at a steaming fumarole.
The talisman falls into the crevice with little fanfare other than a tiny wisp of steam escaping into the night air.
You grin at Teiana.
Keiiko squints.
Ollenheim says, "Hmm."
Teiana seems to be waiting for something.
You ask, "Any purify air?"

Suddenly there is a loud CRACK as gouts of steam barrel out of the crevice! Ice crystals form along its side expanding outward through the area until everything around the fumarole is frozen solid.

Teiana gasps as her eyes widen in disbelief!
Keiiko blinks.
The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!
Roundtime: 15 sec.
Teiana falls to the ground!
Keiiko falls to the ground!
A sleek burnt caramel kodkod falls to the ground!
You exclaim, "Oh!"
The trail ends at a mound of silica-stained rock with a jagged fissure at its crown. From the opening erupts a loud hissing vent of steam and gases, topping the fumarole like a plume on a fancy hat. Pieces of petrified tree trunks litter the ground in the moonlight, victims of the geothermal violence. Bright blue lava flows down a groove in the side of the fumarole that disappears into a crevice at its base. You also see the Keiiko disk and a sleek burnt caramel kodkod that is lying down.
Also here: Teiana who is lying down, Lady Keiiko who is lying down, Walker of Lore Ollenheim who is kneeling
The irregular gash in the mineral-stained rock erupts with a constant jet of steam and gasses, making its near vicinity too hot to bear.
Teiana groans.
Keiiko mutters under her breath.
Teiana sits up.
Keiiko stands up.
You move to a kneeling position.
Keiiko pulls Teiana to her feet.
Teiana says, "What happened."
Teiana says, "Thanks."
A sleek burnt caramel kodkod scrambles back up onto her feet.
Teiana dusts herself off.
Keiiko nods.
You stand back up.
You ask, "I think the ice elements froze it shut?"
The trail ends at a mound of silica-stained rock with a jagged fissure at its crown. From the opening erupts a loud hissing vent of steam and gases, topping the fumarole like a plume on a fancy hat. Pieces of petrified tree trunks litter the ground in the moonlight, victims of the geothermal violence. The entire area around the fumarole is frozen over with ice crystals. You also see the Keiiko disk and a sleek burnt caramel kodkod.
Also here: Teiana, Lady Keiiko, Walker of Lore Ollenheim who is kneeling
Ollenheim stares at a steaming fumarole.
Ollenheim gazes in wonder at his surroundings.
Keiiko says, "Please, the gods that overlook our haven, keep us safe."
Keiiko gazes up into the heavens.
Ollenheim exclaims, "It looks like it worked!"
Ollenheim stands up.
Ollenheim dusts off his canvas pants.
Teiana hoots.
You turn to Ollenheim and cheer!
Keiiko smiles softly.
You ask, speaking to Ollenheim, "Are you okay?"
Ollenheim says, "The elemental magic has sealed the intersection."
Ollenheim says, "Me? Oh I'm quite well thanks."
Ollenheim smiles.
Keiiko asks, speaking concernedly to Ollenheim, "For how long? Forever?"
Ollenheim asks, "How is everyone else?"
Teiana says, "Ok, I think."
Ollenheim looks thoughtfully at Keiiko.
You say, "I feel... okay. Normal."
Ollenheim says, "We will have to wait and see I suppose."
Keiiko frowns.
Teiana shivers.
You ask, "Are there more intersections?"
Ollenheim says, "But if the ice crystals here are any indication it looks like for quite some time."
Keiiko cheekily says, "Well, besides being blown on my tush, I'd say I'm right as rain."
Keiiko leans back a bit and folds her arms behind her head.
Ollenheim looks thoughtfully at you.
Ollenheim nods to you.
Teiana grins at Keiiko.
You chuckle at Keiiko.
Keiiko flashes a wide grin.
You ask, speaking to Ollenheim, "Do you know how many?"
Ollenheim says, speaking to you, "Any time you see an elemental it has come from an intersection between their world and ours."
You ask, "Any or just the blue ones?"
Ollenheim says, "All of them."
You nod understandingly.
Ollenheim says, "They originate from their own planes."
You say, "Yes, of course."
Ollenheim says, "When their planes brush up against ours they can come here."
Teiana furrows her brow.
Keiiko asks, speaking crudely to Ollenheim, "I must say, I'm new to this land, but does this happen often?"
You say, "I wasn't sure if the blue ones were different somehow."
Ollenheim says, "Well done, everyone."
Ollenheim says, "Very brave. Thank you for the help."
You say, "Other than sulfuric."
Teiana nods at Ollenheim.
Ollenheim looks thoughtfully at Keiiko.
Keiiko folds her arms at the waist.
Ollenheim says, speaking to Keiiko, "This world has many dangers. I have lost count."
Ollenheim chuckles.
You say, speaking to Keiiko, "Various elemental happenings have occurred on Teras over the years."
Ollenheim says, "But, we carry on regardless."
Ollenheim nods to you.
You say, speaking to Keiiko, "This is something new for me."
Keiiko says, speaking airily to Ollenheim, "I left the Landing for safer grounds... Well, as safe as you can be with an active volcano."
You nod at Ollenheim.
Ollenheim says, "Indeed. This isle has been the battle ground of elementals for quite some time."
You exclaim, "We sure do!"
Ollenheim says, "I came all the way from Illistim when I heard about the blue lava. It has never been seen until now."
Ollenheim asks, "Shall we head back to town?"
Keiiko nods.
You say, "Sure let's."
Ollenheim nods.
Walker of Lore Ollenheim's group just went southeast.
Keiiko despairingly says, "I was kind of hoping to kill something..."
You chuckle at Keiiko.
Teiana chuckles.
You shake your head.
You say, "Elementals are the last you want to fight here. You never know who will show up."
You grin at Keiiko.
l
[Dragonspine and Krodera - 1932]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Keiiko disk, a sleek burnt caramel kodkod, an ethereal deep blue phoenix, a lean silver fox with a black-tipped tail, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a long fluffy tail, the jade green Dyreknor disk centered with a flourishing black rose, the green Zhagen disk, the orange Dontal disk, an exultant island spirit that is flying around, a large raven that is flying around, an intricate glaes statue of comrades in arms, a stone bin, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Teiana, Lady Keiiko, Walker of Lore Ollenheim, Dyreknor, Dantax, Dondrul who is sitting, Dontal, Milinra, the body of Grand Lord Eklectic who is lying down, Ryjex, Rouvers, Gesaril, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Kawhi, Yakushi
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Keiiko smirks.
You let loose a loud whoop of delight.
You say, "We made it back."
Ollenheim says, "Blue lava has never been seen before now. Teras is the only place in Elanthia that has it."
Keiiko grudgingly says, "You may be right, I tend to think I am stronger than I am."
Ollenheim says, "Well, used to have it."
Teiana says, speaking to Dyreknor, "I'm a hero of Teras now."
Teiana nods at Dyreknor.
Keiiko laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Ollenheim grins.
You chuckle at Teiana.
Teiana flashes a quick grin.
Ollenheim exclaims, "Indeed you are. You all are!"
Teiana lets loose a loud whoop of delight.
Keiiko says, speaking gratefully to Ollenheim, "Thank you for saving us."
Ollenheim says, speaking to Keiiko, "You helped of course."
You say, "That talisman was pretty strong."
Keiiko curtsies to Ollenheim.
Ollenheim bows to Keiiko.
Keiiko smiles.
You ask, speaking to Ollenheim, "How will we find you if we need more talismans?"
Ollenheim says, "Teras is the first time this Walker of Lore for the Lorekeepers has ever heard of blue lava."
You nod at Ollenheim.
Keiiko defiantly exclaims, "I hope we don't need more talismans!"
Ollenheim says, "It has never been recorded before. There is nothing in Ta'Illistim's library about it."
Keiiko agrees with Ollenheim.
Ollenheim says, "Thats why I'm here. To observe it and report back."
You say, speaking to Keiiko, "More intersections exists... contact could happen."
Taulramil says, "Blue lava."
Taulramil says, "Sounds like the elements are out of alignment."
Ollenheim says, "Most of you were not here when I came last time."
Keiiko says, speaking affably to Ollenheim, "I have scoured the Ta'Illistim library and never have heard of such a thing. I would love to examine and Ollenheim says, speaking to Taulramil, "It is the sulfur content."
Treeva suggests, speaking to Ollenheim, "Perhaps you will be the first to add notation of such."
Ollenheim nods at Treeva.
You nod to Treeva in greeting.
Treeva waves to you.
You say, speaking to Treeva, "We could have used a great water mage earlier."
Ollenheim says, "I managed to get a sample."
You grin.
Treeva laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Keiiko beams happily at Ollenheim!
Treeva wrinkles her nose.
Keiiko excitedly exclaims, "Oh please, let me see!"
Keiiko pushes her spectacles up the bridge of her nose.
Ollenheim removes an iron-capped translucent cylindar half filled with thick glowing blue fluid from in his canvas backpack.
Treeva queries, speaking to Ollenheim, "Oh?"
Treeva leans forward.
Keiiko squints.
Melivn asks, "Whats it taste like?"
You chuckle at Melivn.
Treeva stares off into space.
Taulramil says, speaking to you, "Sounds like magic and someone is jacking with elements on the elemental plane."
Melivn says, "Blue is my favorite flavour."
Your shoulders shake subtly as you struggle to conceal your expression of mirth.
You say, speaking to Taulramil, "It's a rare but natural thing."
Keiiko exclaims, speaking hastily to Ollenheim, "We must examine it before it dries!"
Taulramil says, speaking to you, "I don't trust it."
You say, "I'm worried about sulfuric gas in the air."
Treeva asks, speaking curiously to you, "Do you know where it came from? Or if this is a recent occurence?"
You exclaim, "I wonder if the sulfuric lava will lead to other glaes or obsidian!"
Melivn says, speaking to you, "Riiiiight...."
Keiiko offhandedly says, "I wouldn't mind having some armor out of this blue lava."
Ollenheim says, "What this could be is a preliminary to more volcanic activity I'm afraid."
Keiiko smirks.
You grin at Melivn.
You say, "Never know what those dwarves can do."
Ollenheim says, "Frequently a volcano will open up lava tubes around its base before a major eruption."
Keiiko asks, speaking humbly to Ollenheim, "Might I see it? For my own research?"
You say, "Ugh."
Ollenheim shows Keiiko his translucent cylinder.
Melivn says, "We summoned V'tull up on that volanco once. He cut off our heads. He's not really a people person I guess."
Melivn shrugs.
Treeva appears to be struggling to keep a straight face.
You ask, speaking to Melivn, "No tea and biscuits either?"
You chortle.
Melivn says, "Nope just heads on the ground."
Ollenheim says, "I've learned a few tricks in the Amber Flame Society. We have experience dealing with containment as well as summoning."
Ollenheim taps an iron-capped translucent cylinder half filled with thick blue liquid, which is in his right hand.
Ollenheim put an iron-capped translucent cylinder half filled with thick blue liquid in his canvas backpack.
Keiiko frowns.
Melivn says, "The old AFS."
Melivn nods sagely.
Ollenheim says, "Hopefully this event was singular."
You exclaim, speaking to Ollenheim, "Sounds exciting!"
Ollenheim exclaims, "It can be!"
Ollenheim grins.
Keiiko says, speaking conflictedly to Ollenheim, "I just... Want to study it."
You say, speaking to Ollenheim, "From what you've told us, I gather it will get worse."
Keiiko passes a hand over her blush-tinged soft peach face.
Ollenheim shrugs.
Keiiko takes off a pair of wire-framed spectacles.
Keiiko gently polishes her spectacles with a bit of cloth.
Treeva says, speaking cheerfully to Ollenheim, "Well, this is really quite the exciting excursion, as a member of the Amber Flame."
Keiiko puts on a pair of wire-framed spectacles.
Ollenheim says, speaking to Keiiko, "No offense. It is quite dangerous."
Treeva adds, "Not exactly any volcanos about the Shining City."
Ollenheim agrees with Treeva.
Keiiko says, speaking begrudgingly to Ollenheim, "I understand."
Ollenheim says, "What we know of volcanic activity has been recorded long before I came along."
Ollenheim says, "There are details about Teras in our library."
You nod.
Ollenheim says, "Glatoph is another area of volcanic study."
Ollenheim says, "It last erupted in 5118."
Ollenheim says, "But maybe the Borthuum Company has their own records. I'm sure they must."
Treeva queries, speaking to Ollenheim, "Are you here to simply observe and from an academic perspective? Or do you plan to assist magically, in the case of a sudden eruption?"
You say, "Ahh Borthuum... quite possibly."
Ollenheim says, speaking to Treeva, "I arrived three weeks ago when I heard of the phenomenon."
Ollenheim says, "I had to see for myself and record it for the Lorekeepers of Ta'Illistim."
Treeva nods once.
Ollenheim says, "Now I will return with what I know."
Ollenheim says, "I'll be around for a little while I suppose to see if what we did has an effect."
Treeva murmurs, speaking to Melivn, "Three weeks of blue lava unnoticed...I think we spend too much time in the library."
You nod at Ollenheim.
Melivn says, speaking to Treeva, "Once you've seen one color of lava you've seen them all."
Treeva begins chuckling at Melivn!
Ollenheim says, "Have a care everyone. If the volcano does erupt try to remember to face it. That way you can dodge the firey missles it rains down around the area."
Ollenheim waves.
Ollenheim wanders off.
Re: Ollenheim seals a fumarole 07/05/2020 01:04 PM CDT
Thanks for the cleaned up log. I know doing that takes time so I really appreciate the effort!

This all started at the end of May when I randomly saw a video article on blue lava. The first invasions were all the way back in June and this was meant to last 3 weeks. But RL issues got in my way and then I didn't want to overlap with Rumor Woods, so I apologize for the large gap of time between visits.

Hope you all had fun. I certainly did!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Ollenheim seals a fumarole 07/05/2020 01:16 PM CDT
Since blue lava was introduced to the lands, could an alteration be "volcanic blue" to describe a color? The images I've seen online are really cool.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Ollenheim seals a fumarole 07/05/2020 02:32 PM CDT
Glad to see Teras getting some attention!
Re: Ollenheim seals a fumarole 07/06/2020 12:38 PM CDT
Sad that I missed the finish to this.

~Sabotage