DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/15/2020 08:41 AM CST

It's really past time that Teras Isle was provided a handful of tables. I've also noticed that Zul Logoth doesn't have them and this is starting to look like dwarf discrimination.

The arguments of "well, that's not how Teras is" and "that's just the way of the island" are tired, played-out, and not taking a realistic look at what the game is today.

Teras

Tables

Now
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/15/2020 08:43 AM CST
Agreed. Refusing to add them for the sake of nothing but tradition seems really out of touch. It's 2020. If the concern is that people will afk at tables... what do you think people do now at the statue/tower/adventurer's rest? Adding tables doesn't take anything away from the two stubborn old school players who still oppose them, either. I think on the whole it would be an appreciated update by the Teras playerbase.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/15/2020 08:43 AM CST
+1
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/15/2020 09:49 AM CST
Logoth has a few tables.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/15/2020 02:05 PM CST
The lack of tables is totally one of the tipping point decisions I made about ever going back to Teras to hunt.

I got there, found no tables ... and walked away after 3 hunts.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/16/2020 03:34 AM CST
Teras tables PLEASE. Everyone wants them so much.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/16/2020 10:50 AM CST

Teras guru went and asked our doléances last year, i think most of us told him about tables

we want tables.

And a lot, teras is one of the most popular postcap area
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/16/2020 03:26 PM CST
Tables please
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/16/2020 05:25 PM CST
I am in support of Teras having tables.

Not having them does not reduce the amount of AFK people from what I can tell.

What is the reasoning for not having tables?

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/18/2020 09:20 AM CST
I only come across this sort of thing on the streets in Teras. With no tables, people just stick a bot on the street to guard their box pile from the janitor.

You also see an engraved silver chest, a badly damaged fel coffer, a simple fel strongbox, a simple fel strongbox, an enruned iron coffer, an iron-bound fel chest, a sturdy fel strongbox, an enruned wooden coffer, an acid-pitted gold strongbox, an iron-bound tanik coffer, an acid-pitted mithril chest, a sturdy brass chest, an iron-bound tanik chest, a scratched monir chest, a scratched maoral chest, an enruned brass trunk, a badly damaged gold trunk, a rotting thanot trunk, a badly damaged mithril strongbox, an acid-pitted steel strongbox, a corroded gold strongbox, a dented gold strongbox, an engraved gold box, a plain maoral box, a scratched mithril coffer, an engraved mithril coffer, a scratched fel coffer, a weathered thanot trunk, a plain thanot chest, an acid-pitted silver trunk, a plain tanik trunk, an iron-bound thanot strongbox, a sturdy maoral coffer, a weathered thanot trunk, a battered iron trunk, a simple haon trunk, an enruned silver trunk, an enruned brass strongbox, a scratched fel chest, a sturdy iron chest, a plain haon strongbox, an engraved monir box, an enruned thanot coffer, a battered silver chest, a corroded mithril box, a scratched mithril box, a sturdy monir box, an iron-bound thanot chest, a badly damaged modwir trunk, a dented mithril box, a scratched haon trunk, a sturdy modwir strongbox, an iron-bound maoral box, an enruned tanik box, an iron-bound tanik box, a scratched silver coffer, an acid-pitted mithril strongbox, a weathered maoral strongbox and a smooth basalt plaque.
Also here: Lord Bot
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/18/2020 10:20 AM CST
I don't care one way or another for tables but the pile of boxes is a symptom of a bigger problem. Moving them to a table just conceals the problem.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/18/2020 04:01 PM CST
There should be tables. +1

~Sabotage
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 03:19 PM CST

I am confused. Teras is really a dwarf town right? Dwarves are craftsmen. They couldn't make tables?

Have a nice day
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 06:03 PM CST

>>I am confused. Teras is really a dwarf town right? Dwarves are craftsmen. They couldn't make tables?

They probably need wood. Does Teras have a forest?

Also, most dwarven craftsman work mining, forging blades, gem-making or stone-smithing.

Zul gets their woodwork from the Krenlumtrek dwarves of Zhindels Post (Elven Nations topside of the Zul Logoth cart rides.)
The Krenlumtrek trade with the elfs. If no inhabitant elves on Teras, and no forests, then no surprise about no wood tables.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 06:19 PM CST

Was thinking stone or volcanic tables
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 06:21 PM CST
If it take an elf to get wood to Teras for Tables, I will start importing them.

Show me the forest! I have an axe!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 10:03 PM CST
>>If it take an elf to get wood to Teras for Tables, I will start importing them.

Why would you want to import Elves to Teras? All they'd ever do is complain about the heat and the dirty ash.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/22/2020 10:25 PM CST

I am pretty sure she meant the wood. I could be wrong though lol
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/23/2020 12:42 AM CST

Mister Aulis, you know I meant the forest lumber!!

---
;tune towncrier
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/23/2020 03:54 PM CST
<<Mister Aulis, you know I meant the forest lumber!!

GASP! There's no need to run around calling Sylvans forest lumber!

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/23/2020 06:51 PM CST

>>Why would you want to import Elves to Teras? All they'd ever do is complain about the heat and the dirty ash.

Teras is lucky they are topside. The elf in Zul is always asking for directions to the merchant guild. Clunk keeps telling him topside',and point east or west depending on which cart ride exit is closer, but ...

Poor elf, with no sky, he does not know which way is up.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/31/2020 11:09 PM CST
Still no tables huh?

I'll check back in 10 years heh.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 01/31/2020 11:49 PM CST
Tables would be nice.
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 02/01/2020 09:50 AM CST
Yeah, I know it was some odd point of cultural pride for Teras peeps at one point, but when I'm looking for places to go plop down and hunt for awhile, I avoid thinking about Teras because of the lack of tables.

The Glaesen Star has driftwood tables on it -- I suggest a group get together and plan a heist. Drag those tables off the Star and install them on the isle.

~Heathyr
Re: DEVON, GET THE TABLES! 02/21/2020 05:05 PM CST
LOL Clunk. Too true.