Rebuilding of the Statue 03/08/2019 08:38 AM CST
As the fireball landed on the statue’s head, the metallic giantman came tumbling to the ground in pieces. The Great Lord Rahb has called upon his friend, a sculptor, to rebuild the statue and is looking for ideas. He has placed a silver donation box to collect funds, and an item donation box to collect quartz orbs to aid in the rebuilding efforts. There will be much hoopla when the new statue is revealed!

OOC: I would like to rebuild the statue as something you all want. As such, I’ll be taking submissions at gs4-wraex@play.net from now until 3/19/19 at 12am. All submissions will be reviewed, and a winner chosen to have their statue displayed. As with most submissions, they may be altered some in order to pass QC. They can have a long and a show if you choose. Help create something that truly represents the Teras residents and will be a permanent fixture!

~GM Wraex

Dantax says, "Teras can handle itself afterall."

"If I'm going to be an event, I'll be a hurricane." ~GM Sotsona
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/08/2019 08:48 AM CST
Another time to rebuild the statue! I hope our gold fish is ok...
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/09/2019 09:00 AM CST
What was wrong with the statue of Hymirth Gertigson?
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/09/2019 02:59 PM CST
>> What was wrong with the statue of Hymirth Gertigson?

Well for one thing... he is missing a head!

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/09/2019 03:05 PM CST
>Well for one thing... he is missing a head!

He is now, and that could have been prevented. I'm more curious about the reason for replacing a historical artifact.

For the historical record:

[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign and a stone bin.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

>l statue
Comprised of a variety of polished metals, this life-size likeness of a giantman stands facing the fountain, one foot on the surrounding wall. He is clad in invar breeches and a matching chainmail shirt, gripping a solid vultite bastard-sword in each massive hand. Below an unkempt mass of hair, his eyes are wide and wild, and his face is split with a maniacal grin. A small silver plaque is affixed near his bare feet.

>read plaque
In the Common language, it reads:
In recognition of the good citizens of Kharam-Dzu, who donated the materials to rebuild this historical statue of Hymirth Gertigson, warchief of the Ghost-Elk Tribe. Never bested in the ring of honor, his death at Maelshyve will be sung through the ages.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/09/2019 03:39 PM CST
What is the history of Hymirth?
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/09/2019 04:15 PM CST

Dantax says, "I'm gonna drop 20m in there if they make it a gnome."
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/10/2019 11:53 AM CDT
Hymirth was a warchief of the Ghost-Elk tribe of T'Kirem Bear Clan giantmen known for his martial prowess. He died to the screams of banshees at the Battle of Maelshyve by Chieftain Geramik's side, fighting in Warmaster T’Syrinal offensive.

In 4437, the Ghost-Elk tribe was wiped out at the Battle of Wefter's Vale by Imperial forces. Survivors were absorbed into other T'Kirem tribes.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/10/2019 01:15 PM CDT

>>In 4437, the Ghost-Elk tribe was wiped out at the Battle of Wefter's Vale by Imperial forces. Survivors were absorbed into other T'Kirem tribes.<<

Sounds like reason enough to get rid of the statue. They lost. Hymirth was basically the Robert E Lee of Teras. It's time Hoy got his statue.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/10/2019 04:53 PM CDT
>Sounds like reason enough to get rid of the statue. They lost. Hymirth was basically the Robert E Lee of Teras. It's time Hoy got his statue.

More like the Geronimo, and some white dude has turned up on the reservation and is offering to replace it with something more appropriate.

(Next up, Rahb announces the results of a blood test that proves he is 1/64 dwarf).
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/10/2019 09:39 PM CDT
Naamit, is this information about Hymirth anywhere?
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue 03/11/2019 05:44 PM CDT
Dantax is such a baller the donation box is full! Orb box has been full since day 2.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/15/2019 03:27 PM CDT
Just a reminder!

I would like to rebuild the statue as something you all want. As such, I’ll be taking submissions at gs4-wraex@play.net from now until 3/19/19 at 12am. All submissions will be reviewed, and a winner chosen to have their statue displayed. As with most submissions, they may be altered some in order to pass QC. They can have a long and a show if you choose. Help create something that truly represents the Teras residents and will be a permanent fixture!

~GM Wraex

Dantax says, "Teras can handle itself afterall."

"If I'm going to be an event, I'll be a hurricane." ~GM Sotsona
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/17/2019 01:17 PM CDT
>>Help create something that truly represents the Teras residents and will be a permanent fixture!<<

Two words: Enormous. Wiener.

Get on top of that. Er...get on it, I mean, work it? Sigh. If I'm the only one who suggests anything I get what I want, right?
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/19/2019 12:42 AM CDT
You see a bunch of zombies. On closer inspection you realize they're the current inhabitants of Kharam Dzu.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/19/2019 07:35 PM CDT
A bunch of Zombies... and Silversoft!

Since the age of Starsnuffer and the Dhe'nar ruling Teras has passed into the realm of Lore, and the Drunken Defenders of The Rock have wandered away and vanished and are seen no more, and even Bremerial seems to have gone into retirement... the statue should obviously be of Silversoft, the new Queen of Teras Isle.

Avaia, player of
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/20/2019 02:00 AM CDT

Sounds better than a Hoy or Dantax statue.
Re: Rebuilding of the Statue - FOUR DAYS LEFT!! 03/20/2019 07:14 PM CDT

model it after Dartaghan Darkstar

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)