De-Ice Ice, Baby (IC) 07/04/2021 11:37 AM CDT
Captain Brashton,

With other defense projects out of my hair at present, I have found some time to turn my attention to Icemule's airship problem, specifically the issue with propellers icing up at extreme altitudes. Having noticed that hard liquor takes significantly longer to freeze than pure water, I have chosen to experiment with alcohol; however, since one hundred fifty proof whiskey is prohibitively expensive (and using the rum rations as antifreeze for anything other than the crew would result in mutiny) I have chosen to try fabricating something exclusively for the airship. I intend to try a test run with a tethered balloon and propeller analogue; however as your experience in airship operations eclipses my own, I thought conferring with you would be the best option. In that regard I have (along with this letter) included several casks of the test batch, for your review (although I would advise that this formulation is definitely not for drinking, in case any crewmen get any ideas). If you have any thoughts in regards to ensuring efficacy before using this in actual operations, they would be most appreciated.

Respectfully,

S.Y.