Letters to Retassal 07/03/2021 10:29 PM CDT
[Ta'Vaalor, King's Court]
A small cluster of trees stands near the edge of the court, providing a shady spot and a chance for a brief respite from the bustle of the city. Several elven guards stand beneath a nearby tree, chatting quietly amongst themselves as they scan the crowded court. You also see the Krystalena disk, the Orssus disk, the fiery red Kurdewuz disk, the Mikeytro disk, a darkly stained wooden bench with some stuff on it and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Squire Legionnaire Krystalena, Orssus, Kurdewuz, Mikeytro
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
Aethyra followed.

Speaking to Krystalena, you ask, "Have a moment?"

Krystalena says, "Sure."

Krystalena smiles.

You say, "I'm here on sorta official Icemule business. I have a letter for the Lord Chamberlain Retassal."

Krystalena says, "Oh."

Laermeluion just arrived.

You ask, "Any thoughts on how to get it to him? Could you deliver it?"

You raise an eyebrow in Krystalena's direction.

Krystalena points at Laermeluion.

You say, "It's nothing high level secret or anything."

You grin.

Laermeluion smiles.

You ponder the meaning of Laermeluion's existence.

Aethyra whispers, "I should have asked you if you wanted to borrow my wax and seal!"

Laermeluion nods to you in greeting.

Krystalena says, "Legionnaire Laermeluion out ranks me."

Speaking to you, Laermeluion says, "Councillor."

You quietly whisper to Aethyra, "Good to know you have one!"

You smile at Laermeluion.

You nod at Krystalena.

Laermeluion says, "Welcome to Ta'Vaalor."

You say, "A pleasure to be here again."

Krystalena says, "Always nice to have you here."

Krystalena smiles.

You smile.

Aethyra smiles.

Laermeluion says, "Good timing, we've recently seen attacks from an orc warband, but it's quiet tonight."

Speaking to Laermeluion, you ask, "I'm sorta here on official Icemule business. I have a letter for the Lord Chamberlain Retassal. Would you be able to deliver it to him, or know who I should leave it with?"

Aethyra surreptitiously glances around the area.

You remove a piece of sky blue vellum from in your aquamarine sack.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You say, "It was all quiet coming in."

You nod.

Laermeluion says, "I would certainly be willing to forward it to the Lord Chamberlain."

Laermeluion says, "For their eyes only, I presume."

You say, "Eh. It's all public knowledge, were you to take a trip to Icemule you could easily find out."

You offer your sky blue vellum to Laermeluion, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Laermeluion has accepted your offer and is now holding a piece of sky blue vellum.

Laermeluion nods.

You say, "..and the letter within isn't overly secret or anything."

Speaking to Laermeluion, you say, "I appreciate you delivering it for me, thank you."

You smile at Laermeluion.

Krystalena nods to you.

Speaking to Krystalena, you say, "..and thank you as well."

Speaking to you, Laermeluion says, "Of course, happy to help."

Krystalena says, "Indeed."

You say, "I'll be around for a little while, so let me know if those orcs attack and we'll destroy them."

You grin.

Laermeluion chuckles.

Laermeluion nods to you.

You wave.

Krystalena waves.

Laermeluion bows to you.

Written in Elven, on stylized sky blue vellum that bears an imprint of Icemule Trace...

Lord Chamberlain Retassal,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I was wondering if I could have the enclosed letter delivered to the krolvin Kyjani and perhaps receive a report on how she is doing?

The Burghal gnomes are still under guard here in Icemule, and all is quiet with them. Further, nothing has occurred with the manticore either. It is still sealed within the cave.

Anyways, thank you again for your time.

~ Arianiss Winterfox, Icemule Trace Town Councillor

PS - I apologize if this is not the proper protocol. If it is not, I would like to learn the proper methods of communication of this nature.

Writen in Common, on plain white paper...

Kyjani,

I do not know if this message will find you. I do not even know if you are still alive.

I hope you are doing well. I hope that you are healthy. I hope that you are being treated fairly.

Sadly, I fear none of the above is happening.

I wish to be blunt here for a moment...

Your old life is over. You can never leave Ta'Vaalor.

I implore you to accept this fact and work towards a better future for yourself. Tricks will only make things worse. Lies will only make things worse. You have to truly accept a new direction for yourself, and only then can we work on bettering your situation.

You are not alone in this. Please let go of the hatred and anger and accept peace and forgiveness.

~ Arianiss Winterfox, Icemule Trace Town Councillor