Birth of a... something? (IC) 03/03/2021 04:06 PM CST
3 Charlatos, 5121

Plans have been finalized to begin the test run, using the previously acquired penguin feather as a baseline. The needed ingredients have been added to the biogel, along with a few improvements (why have a penguin homnuculus when you can have a fire-breathing penguin homnuculus?). The prepped biogel has been properly energized. From there, the rest is largely automatic - all that is needed now is to simply wait for the decanting to complete itself. While I wait I worry about the ethical consequences of proceeding too far with this... Roblar himself has already expressed concerns to me about "black magic" being used to make a duplicate of himself. Still, the quest for knowledge marches on, so I can at least see what can be learned from this initial trial.

Uncertain chance of success? Morally ambiguous outcome?

What's the worst that can happen?

The testing station, full of piping and tanks of mysterious liquid, was filled with the sounds of ominous burbling, whirring of gears... and in the center of the room, a small brass cylinder full of green liquid, the mechanical apparatus on its top smoothly rotating the cylinder and emitting the occasional chuffing noise. Then...

Chuff. ChuffCHUFFCHUFFCHUFF Chuff. Chuff. Chuff.

>click click click< <DING>

The cylinder suddenly sprang open, discharging the oddest of sights. A hideous green penguin-like creature staggered out, looking much like he'd been in spin cycle far too long. The door of the brass cylinder closed behind the ugly creature with a quiet hiss. The creature's black eyes looked around the room.

"SQUORK?" the creature croaked, uncertainly.