Log Entry 02/06/2021 03:19 AM CST
Within an office in Clovertooth Hall, the following official log entry is viewed:

I should have logged all this when it happened. I feel some remorse for this, things have just been so very hectic as of late. Instead of us searching for the Seer Kadya, she found us. This past Leyan, her carriage rolled into town center. I led a sizable group of people inside, and found that the interior of the carriage seemed much more spacious than outside. After explaining our needs, Kadya agreed to help put seals on the walls of the town defense... at a cost. Silvers from the town's coffers were offered, but this was not the payment she was seeking. A shrine to the Lady of Darkness, Domination, and Tyranny was her desire. Many among us balked at this idea, as a shrine to Eorgina already resides within the town temple. Desperate for any help that could be offered, the town councilors among us, myself and Dayzed, agreed to Kadya's demands. This spurred more dissent among the group gathered, but we need these seals in place or protect out beloved Icemule Trace. As an added gift, the Seer offered what she could currently view with her gift of far sight. A sigil made of wood, carved with a star inverted will lead us to our betrayer. Blood would be paid this eve. We did not know how soon that payment would be taken, and we were soon to learn. I asked Kadya if she could see how our Mayor was faring on the trail north, and she saw him huddled and freezing in the blinding snow. Is was then that we heard the howls of hounds coming from west of town. The brave young wizard, Teaberry, had fallen. Blood will be paid.

I led a group of defenders outside the gates, where spectral black dogs were running wild and attacking anything in sight. We moved around, dispatching these fell beasts as we went. Other groups of defenders zipped to and fro, also releasing these ravenous hounds. More brave young adventurers fell. Blood will be paid. The dogs had breached the gates and made their way into town. Defenders frantically raced around, dispatching the dogs as they went. I instructed the healers and clerics to fall back to Voln, as Town Center was no longer safe. Back outside the gates, we felled the last of the dogs.

Without a moment to rest, we were now assailed by more vile undead. Winged skeletal horses. More spectral dogs. The attack was unrelenting, but we stood our ground and pushed back. Rushing back trough the gates, we headed back to Town Center, where fanged ebon bats were wreaking havoc. We dispatched them with ease, but the creatures assailing us were intensifying with their toughness. Back outside of town, we were met with fleshless icy corpses, more of the horses, and even more dogs. As these enemies were defeated, that's when the demons sprang forth. Lightless black oculoths. I knew I had to dispel their magics to soften them up, and did so with haste. The demons were tough, but we eventually overcame them. We heard a horn in the distance. A feeble, desperate bray. I felt in my heart that our Mayor was in peril. More demons assailed us, but we fought on. After a long, hard battle, all the demons were finally gone.

Back a Town Center, two defeated-looking guards trudge by. They are dragging a sled with a limp form on it, headed towards Clovertooth Hall. Our Mayor had fallen in battle. I thought the worse, that he had died, but I was wrong. Bells rang from the direction of the Abbey, and we ran there as fast as we could. Mellian was there to inform us that the Mayor had received grievous wounds, but still lived. Only time would tell. She told us the before he lost consciousness, she had learn that the location of the Tablet we seek was found. A sigil that can transport us to this location was to be entrusted to the appropriate town official.

-end log
Submitted by Kobane Tiravellian, Town Councilor of Icemule Trace, Feastday, 6 Fashanos, 5121.