Cysaegir Barkeep Contest Results 05/08/2018 05:21 AM CDT

I loved all the entries, and plan to use some aspects from all of them in the new barkeep.

The winning barkeep is from Brutish!

Second place ~ Bayli
Third Place ~ Obsalyn
Honorable Mention ~ Naamit and Jymamon

Winners may choose from the following prize list:
General alteration
Lightening
Deepening
1 line feature alteration

First Place ~ will choose 5
Second Place ~ will choose 3
Third Place ~ will choose 2
Honorable Mention ~ will choose 1

I will be around tonight if you want to email me a good time to catch you. If you are in Plat let me know.

If you want to share your entries, feel free! There will be a grand opening when the new keep is in place etc.

Thank you all again for your creativeness!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Cysaegir Barkeep Contest Results 05/08/2018 08:35 AM CDT
Congrats, everyone! I look forward to seeing all the submissions.

Here's what I submitted.
---

You see Miss Tainja Lleraeneu the Serving Wench of Naerine Hostelry
She appears to be an Aelotoi.
She is short and slight of build. She appears to be in the bloom of youth. She has tilted monolid amber eyes and freckle-smattered rosy skin. She has short, wavy ginger hair worn in a tousled chignon. She has a heart-shaped face, and a small, upturned nose. She has under-developed transparent wings mired with coppery craquelare.
She is wearing a cropped chestnut paeline capelet, an underbust sage green bodice laced over a ruffled ivory muslin blouse, a muted green full linen skirt, a small leather belt pouch, and some pointed sallow leather shoes.

Background: Year of birth: 5097. Tainja was 6 when she was brought through the portal to Elanthia. She has one brother and a female cousin. Her wings never fully developed and she is a bit sensitive about it. Tainja overcompensates with a vivacious, jaunty attitude. She has distinct fears of ghosts, warthogs, and kiramon.

Ambients:

Tainja hurries about the tavern, tending tables as she hums softly to herself.

Giving a sassy little curtsy, Tainja welcomes in a pair of visitors and ushers them toward seating nearby.

Tainja takes a few moments to adjust her clothing, smoothing the bodice's underlying ruffled blouse just-so.

Tainja hums a wandering tune as she goes about her work.

Spotting a smudge on her skirt, Tainja grumbles to herself and scurries off. Several moments later, she returns with one of nearly identical cut and color.

Tainja idly sweeps the floor with a thatch broom. She occasionally bends down low, collecting bits of refuse with a small tin dustpan.

Questions:

Name/Tainja: "My name's Tainja Lleraeneu, pleasure's all mine. Remind me again sugar pie, what's your name, and what's your poison?"

Montaigne Forest: Gazing off a moment, Tainja looks somewhat introspect. She turns to you and says quite wistfully, "sometimes I like to wander in the woods on my day off. It's so nice to hear...nothingness now and again."

Hagatha: "Hagatha, she's quite brusque, but gets the job done! I admire her ability to keep her business going. Perhaps I'll head on down to Sylvarraend someday soon and visit my cousin that lives nearby."

Naerine: "Naerine? Nice enough, for a Taskmaster." She gives you a sly wink and turns away in a hurry.

Myasara/Mirror: "I hear they call her Myasara the Mercurial? Whatever that means. Either way, it was nice of her to give us this wonderful town we could call our own."

Measchrism: "I met him once, right after we arrived. He sorted and cataloged each of us," she pauses for a moment before continuing, "along with his nice... Assistants."

Fashion: Tainja leans forward and says to you with a warm purr, "do you like my bodice dear? I hear this color is all the rage."

Future/Career: "Maybe someday I can open a bar of my own, serving excellent food and drink..."

Children/Husband: "I haven't got time to sit down, so flirting on my toes is just enough, thanks!

Turtles: "There used to be the slowest old turtle moping about Cysaegir. I haven't seen him in a very long time though."

Ghosts: Tainja shudders and whispers faintly, "I... Ah... Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

Butterflies: "Oh, to be able to fly again!"

L'Naere: "Praise be! I owe my existence and safety to the spirit of L'Naere."

Emerald Forest: "Oh, dear. I don't want to talk about that horrible place. My brother Jyunti lost an eye there to a warthog. Never went back, nor do I plan to!"

Zul Logoth: "The dwarves keep to themselves. If you're looking to visit, keep heading up the mountain passes to the west."

Beer: "What's your flavor, Honey?"

Bumblebee/Bumblebee/Bee/Bees: "We make mead with the honey from a local apiary, did you know? ORDER if you'd like to try some!"

Food: "We have all the best delights. Certainly something that could whet your palette." She leans a little closer and whispers, "Care to try some? Just ORDER!"

Bre'nare: "It seems like another life ago. But I was just a babe!"

Kiramon/Overlords: Tainja shudders, blanches considerably and whispers in a wavering tone, "I... Ah... Would you like
anything to eat or drink?"

Cousin: "Cousin's name is Sygiri. Fine and hardworking girl, though a bit overwhelmed in the fields for a farmer near Sylvarraend, last I heard. Not sure this is what she had in mind for her adulthood. I hope she finds a husband someday."

Darts: "Oh, you like darts? There's a dartboard up on the roof of the Reformatory. Make sure you take a couple snacks with you. Or come back here when you're done, hmm?"

Confluence: "The elemental stability is so instable, constantly shifting. Not unlike the winds or the ocean, I suppose. Always somewhere new. Might have to look around a bit."

Lockers: Tainja smiles at you and her bosom quivers as she bursts out in a fit of giggles.

Wings: "Is there something wrong with them?" she whispers almost accusatorily. She does her best to give a flutter, but
one wing wobbles uselessly, while the other wiggles just somewhat half-heartedly. Tainja suddenly looks very self-aware and turns away.
Re: Cysaegir Barkeep Contest Results 05/11/2018 10:15 AM CDT
Congrats to everyone as well!

I thought the aelotoi were tired of serving people after the kiramon so I figured the Mirror would send someone to serve them instead. So I figured a gnome would be perfect since they take care of the elves as well.

So I came up with Fritzzy, a little guy with a bunch of energy and ingenuity.

A bespectacled apron-clad gnome
-His stringy black hair has been slicked back by some thick grease in an effort to appear neat. Thick lensed wire-rimmed glasses sit low upon a bulbous nose, with intense blue eyes that glance about nervously. Slung across his back is a contraption reminiscent of a small ladder. He is wearing a very loose-fitting sapphire silk tunic and tan breeches. His apron is immaculate except for a few scorch marks along the bottom. Oil stained leather shoes adorn his feet.

Ambients

Glancing about the bar, Fritzzy purses his lips in a look of concentration.

Noticing a table has left, Fritzzy moves hurriedly through the crowd with a tray. Removing the contraption from his back, he presses a button on it and it unfolds into a ladder that extends to the height of the table. Quickly he climbs up the ladder and clears the table.

Standing behind the bar, Fritzzy squints through his thick spectacles at the bottles on the top shelf, smiling and nodding to a well-dressed customer he summarily removes his contraption, tinkers with it a moment and presses a button. It shoots up quickly, teeters for a moment then settles down. He warily, but quickly climbs it, retrieving the bottle on the top shelf with a small amount of applause.

With practiced ease, Fritzzy maneuvers his way through the crowd with a large tray of steaming food and several drinks, balancing it upon his head.

Pausing for a moment while polishing a glass, Fritzzy runs his hand through his greasy hair. In utter despair he gasps at the greasy smudges on the glass. Fervently he polishes the glass trying not to be noticed.

Behind the bar, Fritzzy begins to mix drinks. A dash of this, a splash of that, with an almost maniacal glee he prepares an elaborate concoction.

Questions

>ask about Cysaegir
Fritzzy grins and squeakily says, “Small and efficient I should say. I can respect that. It may not be a massive city, but this small town offers safety for most everyone.”

>ask about Aelotoi
A look of sadness crosses Fritzzy’s eyes as he says, “Ah, what a people. To have gone through what they have and still be around to tell the tale. Serving is an honor when it isn’t forced. It saddens me to see them simply walking around, one day hopefully they shall return to the sky.”

>ask about Ta’Illistim
“The Shining City! It really is quite a marvel. I once called it home,” he sighs with a squeak. “But these people needed caring for more, so I felt compelled to come here.”

>ask about Elves
“Ah there is no greater honor then to take care of them. I dare say they are an independent lot, but everyone needs caring for now and then.”

>ask about scorch-marked apron
“I tend to tinker, and well…things don’t always work out like you think they would.”