First Post! 02/15/2010 02:29 PM CST
Please welcome The Augstawne Girene Dzirta, or "Highland Family Pack" to the growing neighborhood of unofficial player organizations!

Have at it!

Svafa
Re: First Post! 02/16/2010 08:37 AM CST
Thanks a ton Svafa and Annwyl. We'll try to keep the place clean and functioning.

First off, I want to thank all the Rakash players who have joined in the Augstawne Girene Dzirta. Since its humble begining as a brainstorm between myself and the player of Bambina, the pack has grown to include what I feel are some of the best players of the race. I've been proud to see it evolve and grow, I have my fellow players to thank for that. When I began to speak to more Rakash whom had interest in the pack, I did so with soft hands and a light touch. I really had no idea if this would ever work, or even if it could, but as the ball started rolling... it didn't seem to want to slow down. We quickly threw together a small Moot last year, and followed it with the larger one we had this year. The next one... we'll have to see about that.

A few quick notes about the AGD, its leader, and the other chars which I play whom are in it.

The Augstawne Girene Dzirta is a Rakash-only group, guests are welcomed but on a case-by-case basis. It was started with the goals of promoting and supporting the Rakash people in the East. The pack governs itself based on a familiy system, each unit has a family alpha, that family alpha sits on the council of the pack alpha and helps make decisions for the entire pack. Each family unit have their own set of goals and ideas in how to attain them. I'll see if I can get some of them to follow my lead and post a little something themselves.

The Augstawne family reside mostly in the Velaka Desert, while other families are spread throughout the Provinces. Most of the individual members of the families remain in the area in which their Alpha resides, and can be seen often traveling in small groups of two or three. Alexii himself travels between the families, speaking to their leaders, and keeps up the lines of communication between them. He is also the one who calls the attention of the entire group when needed, and can focus their efforts into a single action. Alexii has always been aware of how others may percieve him and his choices, however it has always been his feeling that he does what he can for his people.

Though his close friend Malakye, Alexii has tried to give the Rakash another author willing to put in the work to ensure that no more traditions are lost to time. Despite his fondness for fratvarit, Malakye does a good job and has little desire to do anything else. He studies, reads, and writes down what he feels the Rakash need to know. Alot of the ideas and views expressed by the pack or it's Alpha have been documented by Malakye, in addition to various studies on the Rakash people as a whole.

In Heplythea, Alexii feels he has found a perfect example of what being a Rakash means in these days and on these lands. A Paladin in the service of Asketi and the Temple of the North Wind, Heplythea grew up removed from contact with many Rakash. The only ones she knew were the High Priestess, and her own parents. When Alexii came to the temple to speak to the High Priestess, Heplythea returned with him to the Desert and has lived there since. As Alexii's first and probably only "squire", Heplythea has had her religous views drawn into question as he attempts to instruct her on the ways of the Rakash gods.

I've played them all (Alexii, Malakye, Heplythea, and others.) for awhile now and they are a small part of the AGD. I just wanted to describe them a little so that anyone reading can get a grasp of the different paths which reside among the pack. I hope as this folder gets older, others will post a little of their views and why they have joined with the AGD.

~Brandon, a DR player.

Play the game!