Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 05:41 PM CDT
So what happened to the Locksmith Union folder?

I am looking to see if other Locksmith Union members would like to participate in a trap making contest. My concept for the contest are thus:

Traps will be rated on the following guidelines:

1: Feasability, we're in a fantasy setting with plenty of magic, and mechanical ability. However over the top items, or things that just don't make sense will be scored lower.
2: Coolness Factor, the ability for the trap to draw in (this is more of is the description pleasing to a player), lower marks for things that don't make sense, don't bring the player in, or are just plan boring.
3: Descriptor, this is how well it is written, from grammar, to spelling, to following a good and logical flow.
4: Presentation, this is how well the in game character brings about the information.

This will be an in-game in-character event. People will be using verbs like act, and smile, and what not to bring the information to the audience.

If any Locksmith Union members would like to help out, and participate.

Further, while I want this to be a Locksmith Union event, my plans are for everyone to be able to participate, but the Locksmith Union to be hosting the event.
Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 06:52 PM CDT
>So what happened to the Locksmith Union folder?

Board moms recently posted that any organization folder not used in X amount of time gets purged. So...that?
Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 07:12 PM CDT
Folders haven't been purged yet. The date for that was set as June 30th. That being said, I did some cursory digging and I can't find evidence that Locksmith Union had a folder here, at least semi recently.

Svafa

If you have questions or comments, please email me at DR-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET.
Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 07:50 PM CDT

The Locksmith Union never had a folder on the boards, they specifically did not want one and chose to do their discussions on their own forums.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 08:34 PM CDT
Oh yes, I remember that now. Thanks for jogging my memory. I think I'll have to bring that up at the next meeting.

In other news, interesting that I get such a huge response for the where's the folder line, and the other contest part that I spent a significantly longer time, no responses.

Sad.

Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 09:02 PM CDT
>In other news, interesting that I get such a huge response for the where's the folder line, and the other contest part that I spent a significantly longer time, no responses.

Partially because I have nothing helpful to add on that topic. And partially because I assume if the GMs wanted input, were designing new traps, etc. they would ask for it. So...I kinda figured it was a waste of time.

Maybe fun for participation.
Re: Locksmith Union 06/26/2011 09:06 PM CDT
Well making locks would be just so boring, making traps just seemed like if done well there might be some excitement in it.

If anyone would want to make a cool sounding lock though go for it.

Re: Locksmith Union 07/04/2011 08:21 AM CDT
>>In other news, interesting that I get such a huge response for the where's the folder line, and the other contest part that I spent a significantly longer time, no responses.

Coming in a little late on this....if the Union has any ideas for events, send them my way and I'll do what I can to help/offer suggestions.

=GM Jhustis=
DR-Jhustis@play.net
Re: Locksmith Union 07/17/2011 11:23 AM CDT
Wow Kinda late here, Do not read the Official Forums much.

The Locksmith Union has it's own set of forums we use. They can be found at: www.locksmithsunion.com along with our list of Active locksmiths, official locations, etc. There are general forums, and member only forums, respectively only Union Members get access to the members area.

We have a folder dedicated to event ideas and suggestions. If you are not currently a member of the forums, sign up and drop me a note on my AIM (which is listed on the website also under the Locksmiths Section) and I will get your permissions added to the right group.

Any other questions or concerns about the Union, please feel free to contact me via AIM, or In Game. (However until around August first my In-Game time is limited while I take my midterm exams)

-Shannodoah