I've been away too long 12/22/2010 06:44 PM CST
I just got back and to give everyone a idea how long...

>stance
You are brawling.
You are currently using 90% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 90% of your weapon parry skill.
You are currently using 5% of your shield block skill.
You are attacking with 80% of your offensive skill.

I've been trying to keep up with the happenings of Elanthia, but I feel a little lost at times. Some skills have changed names since I've been gone, and I've been reading about further skill and magic changes. Any tips on brawling and fighting styles?
Re: I've been away too long 12/23/2010 03:30 PM CST
Welcome back!

The balance penalty to brawling has been lessened considerably- In fact, my preferred combat style any more is a mishmash of brawling and 'normal'.

Olwydd's site has a number of flow charts and combos listed on it which are very useful- But don't get too used to them; Apparently combat is about to undergo yet another rewrite.

If you want to wear leather, get a hold of some brawling gear. Some traders carry it, or you can go to P5 and shop there.

If you don't want to get brawling gear, metal does give a bonus to brawling attacks.

Take a look at Elanthipedia.com; A lot of people have been busy putting information up there.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: I've been away too long 12/23/2010 05:13 PM CST
I find brawling gear is not really necessary at high strength and stamina, at least it didn't seem to help all that much.

You should totally come to the Bloodbath on the 6th! Ask combat questions, get combat answers, beat up a novice, get shot by someone.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl