Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 09:55 AM CST
I'm starting a warmie and was wondering if leather main armor with HC head/hands was a viable option. I plan on keeping stealths on level with combats and was hoping I'd be able to do that with this combination.

I'll be training shield, HE/2HE, and LX probably (maybe LT throwing blades...) Would anyone care to offer advice/suggestions on armor setup for stealths? I suppose I could remove all armor except the shield. Or I could avoid stealths and go the tank route training HP/LP, except that my character is a gnome and the weight issue might be a problem starting off. Thanks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 09:58 AM CST
What did Bobby use?

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 10:02 AM CST
>>What did Bobby use?<<

LC forged chain shirt, HC visored chain helm from Riverhaven, HC forged gloves, HC forged greaves, and a small tanned buckler.

This combination worked great and had his stealths on level though celps anyway, but that was before the changes to armor/stealth hindrance. I've tried a barbarian in the same set up and had difficulty hiding after the changes were implemented, so I'm not sure which way to go to train stealths on a survival tertiary character now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 10:35 AM CST
Leather main with HC head and hands, I assume, would be doable - though I'm curious why you'd go HC over LC. LC has lower stealth hindrance.

You may want to think about a 3 armor setup. Leather coat, LC head and hands, cloth pants. This'll keep your stealth hindrance relatively low, as the cloth pants will offset the LC head and hands.

Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 11:06 AM CST
I chose the HC for a little more protection from those stupid eye and hand stuns. It seems to work fairly well in some of the other characters that I've used it with, but I haven't played a warmie in quite a while. Also, as far as I know, there aren't any LC helms available that cover head,neck, eyes.

- Albert Einstein
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 11:39 AM CST
>>there aren't any LC helms available that cover head,neck, eyes.

Chain balaclava from Shard is the standard. There was also one at the recent fest that was nearly identical but with slightly lower hindrance.
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 11:39 AM CST
Balaclavas are neutral chain, I believe. They'll function as LC.

Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 11:40 AM CST
>There was also one at the recent fest that was nearly identical but with slightly lower hindrance.

Double post...

Yeah, there were actually two. The zombie-looking one, and one from Emanda's shop. They basically had a forged LC appraisal but covered head, neck, and eyes.

Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 03:32 PM CST
>>Balaclavas are neutral chain, I believe.

I thought that "neutral" stuff ended... a few years ago.
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/06/2009 07:37 PM CST
Neutral chain and plate are definitely still part of the system.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/07/2009 10:21 AM CST
>I thought that "neutral" stuff ended... a few years ago.

On the contrary, most storebought stuff is neutral, even at festivals.
Re: Questions on armor choices 02/26/2009 03:30 AM CST
I use HP for all my armor and close my eyes and stand real still for stealth. It seems to work for my dog when she wants to pretend she's invisible.