Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/01/2005 01:15 AM CDT
Well, I figured it was time to come back and see what's changed since I've been gone. Could someone give me a quick summary of the changes that have taken place since November 2004?

Balshan
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/01/2005 01:25 AM CDT
Your best bet would be to read through the GM announcements folder. Sums it up a lot better than I could.

-Durnil
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/01/2005 09:22 AM CDT
Balshin welcome back sorry I could not say so if your still down in Shard but I ended up supporting Raenilar with my character for a number of reasons. I hope you can adjust to all the changes....The mind behind

Sha'ruul Cottman desert warrior
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/02/2005 12:01 AM CDT
Sha'ruul,

Just thought I'd let you know the character "Balshin" is a trader. That character is played by different person. My character, "Balshan" is a war mage.

The confusion in names doesn't surprise me since I've been out of the game 10 months and because I don't make trips to Shard unless I have to. For example, I had to go to Shard this morning and Redmagrowl thought I was "Balshin" when he ran into me on the gondola platform.

So there isn't further confusion between the two "Balsh's", the war mage (me) is usually on Aesry and Ratha or around Lang when on the mainland.

I appreciate the responses you two, even though there was a bit of confusion. ::chuckles:: I'll keep an eye out for the changes I haven't found yet.

Balshan
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/02/2005 06:12 AM CDT
Ah Thanks Balshan preciate it but well welcome back anyways then....

Sha'ruul Cottman desert warrior
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 09/04/2005 10:14 PM CDT
Welcome back, Balshan. Gulph has been hunting out on Ratha and Aesry a bit lately, so I might see you out there.

Cheers,

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/28/2005 09:59 PM CST
Well, this seems like a good enough place to say hi to everyone again. Just reactivated from a year+ on the shelf. I don't know whether it's reassuring or scary that there are still a lot of familiar names on the boards.

There's something about this game that I just can't stay away. Good to be back.

~Katrenos
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/28/2005 10:48 PM CST
Welcome back.

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.

GM XXXXXX "Well, we can't please everyone."

You say, "True, but that is no reason not to try."
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/28/2005 11:07 PM CST
Don't know you, never met you, but welcome back!

~*~ Velencia ~*~
Water Mage.
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 12:01 AM CST
Welcome back, hope you're enjoying Ratha still

-Durnil
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 12:52 AM CST
Welcome back!

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 04:33 AM CST
>I don't know whether it's reassuring or scary that there are still a lot of familiar names on the boards.

It's scary, trust me.

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 12:00 PM CST
>>It's scary, trust me.

I've actually come to the conclusion that it's reassuringly scary. Yeah, why is it still these same people from 4 years ago, but it wouldn't be DR without them.

Glancing around at back-posts, there are some fairly conspicuous absences that I'll miss bantering with. But such is life.

Oh, I also love how no one has changed their custom signatures in forever. :D

~Katrenos
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 04:02 PM CST
<<Oh, I also love how no one has changed their custom signatures in forever. :D

I have no idea what you are talking about...

~The Blackfire Mage Magmus

PS. That, was, a joke.
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 11/29/2005 04:33 PM CST
>Oh, I also love how no one has changed their custom signatures in forever. :D

Well mine's the best, why change it?

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 12/01/2005 10:41 PM CST
most of your graphic games have a playability factor of about 6 months or so on average, just not enough mechanics, and NO WHERE near what you get from a good mud.. We'll see what happens when HJ comes out, but i'm not holding my breath.
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 12/02/2005 12:17 AM CST
>>most of your graphic games have a playability factor of about 6 months or so on average, just not enough mechanics, and NO WHERE near what you get from a good mud.. We'll see what happens when HJ comes out, but i'm not holding my breath.

Since part of my absence was due to my sudden and rabid addiction to World of Warcraft, I'd tend to disagree with you on that. My guild, which is quite hardcore about endgame content just this week managed to beat the hardest boss (at the moment) in the game. We're talking maybe a couple hundred, or generously 1000 people in the entire game have done this out of millions and millions of copies sold. There are two new encounters scheduled for release within about 2 weeks, an expansion scheduled for a year from now, and with every patch the devs are rolling in class changes to attempt to keep every class relevant and balanced in the endgame.

I was actually considering writing about my experiences with a graphical MMO, since before WoW I had none and told myself I never would. I suppose here's as good as any if you want to ask questions about the difference between DR and something like WoW.

~Katrenos

Go to the guild house
"Hey you! Can I circle yet?"
No, work more TM
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 12/02/2005 08:33 AM CST
>the difference between DR and something like WoW.

Eye candy!!!!
Re: Back after a 10 month hiatus 01/04/2006 11:33 AM CST
Yeah.. I just came back to DR after a torrid love affair with WoW. My guild (well, raid-like-organization-substance) beat the snot out of Rag, and at that point I felt that I had finished the game. Much like one finishes a single player RPG. It felt like one most of the time anyway.

The thing about DR is .. I don't know.. feeling the imminent danger around every corner. Piss someone off enough and you'll end up dead. Even hunting critters is a bit stressful as if you die, the consequences are much much much more dire in Elanthia. I cannot tell you how exposed I felt to CARRY all my coin around in WoW. I missed being extremely paranoid about it.