Shameless self-promotion 05/21/2005 09:16 PM CDT
Heyo.

If you're going to be in the northern Virginia on Saturday, May 28 in the early evening, why not stop by The Grange (a private disc golf course in Spotslyvania) for a free show with some great live music? My band, the Voices In Your Head, will start around 7:30, and the jam band Smiile will go on around 9:30. Should be some good music and good fun.

If you miss that, though, don't feel bad! You can catch us the next Saturday, June 4th, outside the Frederick Coffee Company in Frederick, Maryland at 5:30pm! If you're hungry, there's plenty of places to eat nearby, and if you just can't get enough shopping, well, they've got that too. Join us for a wide range of music from Cream and Led Zeppelin to Barenaked Ladies and Norah Jones, with a smattering of originals and perhaps and eclectic ukelele song or two as well.

If anyone needs directions, e-mail VoicesInYourHead@gmail.com or my play.net address. Hope to see you there!

~Mike/player of Gulphphunger
Re: Shameless self-promotion 05/22/2005 12:45 PM CDT
Mike,

When are you ever going to come to Seattle to play?

Mia

There is nothing more liberating than dancing barefoot.
Re: Shameless self-promotion 05/25/2005 08:33 AM CDT
>>Mike,
>>When are you ever going to come to Seattle to play?

As soon as it's fiscally viable? :P

Actually, Dan (Peigon's player) and a friend of the band went out there last summer and played a couple of songs acoustic-style somewhere, much akin to when we play Vegascon. I might try to head out to the Pacific northwest late this summer, but to get the whole band (currently 7 people, sometimes 8) and all the equipment would...ah...cost some money.

The show on Saturday should have all pro stage equipment and a good sound guy, so we're going to try to get him to do a recording. At the same time, we're looking at getting a website, so hopefully that will all come together and we can post some pics, music, and our schedule on this "intarnets" thingie. Ah, the intarnets....

~Mike/player of Gulphphunger