Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 11:40 AM CST
Hi gang,

I already posted in the Social Folder, but wanted to give a special good-bye to you all. I'll be closing my account to journey to the lands of Azeroth and the Elwynn Forest. This has been and incredible (almost) 6 years. But all things come to an end. This guild has grown alot, and though I've had my share of gripes about this or that, I still believe this is the best MUD out there and we are the best guild as well.

My decision was not an easy one, especially after having invested many years into Woodcubb. But it got to the point where little things like getting post pulled where raising my blood pressure and I felt silly feeling that way. I'm guess I'm getting too old (41). I've always said over the years that if it's not fun anymore, don't do it. I also realized that playing 1-2 hours a day (maybe) just ain't cutting it for me anymore, and being that I'm very competitive and not being able to hunt safely with my friends, who have longed move on, bothered me. I also felt a bit stagnant hunting the same areas for 3 years. Not that there's not plenty of hunting areas out there, just that as a box popper/survivalist, my requirements for homesteading was pretty narrow. Lastly, I really needed to cut back on expenses. I long ignored how much this place cost so considering how I have been feeling lately, I needed to make a hard choice. I did consider playing Woodcubb without a premium account but I realized it would just be too frustrating loosing all those benefits, especially vault space. So I opted to simply close it all together and hope I can surviving going cold turkey from DR (believe me, it's NOT easy folks). I'll be dispersing my remaining vault items the next few weeks (account closes on the 14th) to friends and also put some nice stuff in our guild bins for our youngin's.

So with that, I want to send my thanks to our guru Valdrick and Chakram. You guys have done more for our guild in the last year than in my time here in the realms. Know I appreciate all that you have done and your work has been a major highlight this past year. I wish I've gotten to meet ya Val at one of the cons, but I never was able to make it. Chakram, I found it an honor that I've at least gotten to meet you at the Southern Cal. get together and wish you much success. Your presense on the boards has always been appreciated especially during tough times.

The list is too long to mention names, but I will give a shout out to my oldest buds since I was a Novice. To Balshan, you taught me alot bro. I'll never forget your friendship. Tollef, we came along way from goblins bro. Glad we made the journey together. Much success to you as you continue to progress. Lystid, Iron, Andragon . . . you help keep me alive when we started hunting in the Dragon Spine mountains then eventually to Lang/Theren. It was an honor serving in the guard with you and I can't thank you guys enough for your friendship and for dragging my sorry carcass all those many times. I'll miss you guys. I wish I could have made it to Rossman's with ya. There's too names to name them all so know I didn't forget you. I consider you all my bruddah's.

I wish my fellow mages the best as you continue to make this guild proud. It's good seeing the next generation take up the mantle and I know it's in good hands. You can find me wowing it up so feel free to look me up anytime.

Take care all and a final Huzzah! to everyone!

Hal

Player of Woodcubb of Azeroth
(Woodcub@aol.com)
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 12:15 PM CST
wow,

Fair thee well, Woodcubb, you've always been a strong and proud member of the team. You'll be missed for a very long time.

May you have good adventures where ever they may take you.
~Yanbelev

It was cold there, and I died, so they buried me,
There were worms, I hate worms
They ate into my brain and drove me crazy!
crazy?...
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 12:32 PM CST
Safe paths to you, my friend.

I consider it an honor to have had the opportunity to get to know you both in the game and on the boards.

You can still go to Vegas in March. It will be my first con.

Trebber
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 01:33 PM CST
Woodcubb, you will be missed.

Hope to see you again, someday.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE: http://www.play.net/software/warlock-info.asp
Amagaim's What to Hunt list: http://kynevon.info/What2Hunt.xls
"We're not lost. We're just geographically confused." Brian, KoDT
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 02:41 PM CST
Be missing you Woody may your paths always be joyful ones .

Sunlancer Sharuul the Mad Mage
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 02:49 PM CST
Good luck out there, and maybe some day you'll find your way back. It was a pleasure meeting you and maybe one day we'll bump into each other again. Safe paths to you!

-Chakram

"With talons wrought of steel I tore the heart of doom, and in one gleaming moment I saw beyond the tomb."

- Kansas

"Here we belong, fighting to survive,
in a war with the darkest power."

- Queen
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/28/2005 06:45 PM CST
later man
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 01/29/2005 03:16 AM CST
Dunnoe what to say, hope yah have fun, and maybe come back one day.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Fairwell my Fellow Warrior Mages 03/01/2005 11:54 PM CST
Woodcubb, its hard to see all of the old faces fade away but knowing its for the best and your happiness continues out there makes me feel better. Safe paths

Xand