Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/16/2004 01:04 PM CST
At home it's my Brother who I always have to get off for every other hour.... college is wonderful, so is having my own laptop and a wireless card.....

Legionnaire Deagar
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/16/2004 06:04 PM CST
I have a spare, and not even a roomate. I just wish i had a second monitor.

The Opinions, Suggestions, or Desires in the previous post should have no baring on your Role Play, as they are not presented by Simutronics Staff.
Any actual material would have an In game location to be found.
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/16/2004 09:20 PM CST
As a college student home for the summer, I got frustrated with the internet capacity that we had and engineered a wireless hub and a network of hardware hubs to connect almost every room with an ethernet port of some capacity (minus bathrooms and the kitchen).
-Evan, player of Durnil
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/16/2004 09:25 PM CST
And to answer your question, Woodcubb, go hi-speed. It really is the only way to connect these days. It'll save you the cost and hassle of another phone bill and probably wouldn't cost much more than your current ISP.

-Evan, player of Durnil
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/19/2004 05:44 PM CST
Why I have the mysterious G5 in the corner running Linux with only TWM as a window manager. Most people just stare at it all confused about how to work it.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/20/2004 11:32 PM CST
>(mutters about buying a second computer and phone line)

Heh, living with a fellow DR junkie, a second computer and router for the cable were the only way to go. Then again, it can be a bad thing when my college courses are in session. Yay for winter break.
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/21/2004 02:03 AM CST
>>Heh, living with a fellow DR junkie, a second computer and router for the cable were the only way to go. Then again, it can be a bad thing when my college courses are in session. Yay for winter break.

Or DSL connection. Most DSL providers offer a router option, and you don't have to worry about how many people in your neighborhood are also using cable broadband, and you don't have to worry about accidentally sharing the contents of your hard drive, nor about some snert using a sniffer to grab your passwords or vital information. :(

Hopefully, I will really be getting my new DSL connection turned on in two days, and even more hopefully, my old DSL router will work with this provider's DSL setup.

By the Immortals, I hate moving. And moving across the country makes moving across town seem nice & easy. :(

~Kyn (Kynevon), now resident in Nevada...

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE: http://www.play.net/software/warlock-info.asp
Amagaim's What to Hunt list: http://kynevon.info/What2Hunt.xls
"We're not lost. We're just geographically confused." Brian, KoDT
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/21/2004 09:48 AM CST
>Or DSL connection. Most DSL providers offer a router option, and you don't have to worry about how many people in your neighborhood are also using cable broadband, and you don't have to worry about accidentally sharing the contents of your hard drive, nor about some snert using a sniffer to grab your passwords or vital information. :(

Wow. Even after a year and a half away, some things never change - the boards. By the way, I can relate to moving out of state. I've done it a few times myself. Best of luck settling in!
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/21/2004 09:18 PM CST
Try moving to another country! ::grin:: I just moved to Canada (from the US) in September. Lotta stuff to do, even though the company I work for paid for it all.

I use a cable connection BTW. I haven't had dial-up since before college (college dorms were T1 lines, and since then I've always had broadband (cable).
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/22/2004 05:42 PM CST
Welcome to Canada !!
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/22/2004 06:10 PM CST
<<Welcome to Canada !!>>

Thanks! Now tell someone to turn on the heater...

>pre mof 20
You trace an arcane sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Sure Footing spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast
You gesture.
Reaching out to where you sense your Ethereal Shield lies, you firmly grasp the power of your spell and weave it into the shield's matrix.
You are surrounded by a mantle of crackling, reddish-gold flames!

Much better...
Re: Am I the only one who . . . . 12/28/2004 04:38 PM CST
MARKKUS's post:
>pre mof 20
You trace an arcane sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Sure Footing spell.

huh?