A letter delivered to the desk of Guildmaster Gauthus 05/21/2016 05:09 PM CDT
Guildmaster Gauthus:

Master, recently I held another gathering to discuss on-going studies our members have taken up. I present to you here a list of things that were discussed along with some questions that remain unanswered.

1. To open, we discussed the spell effects involved with Mark of Arhat; specifically the rare appearance of the flaming man. There was a fair amount of debate on this topic. Some believe it is a surprise within the matrix, a property of the spell set by Arhat himself. Others believe it is a rare form of summoning (the fiery elemental taking the form of a past master of fire), while others ponder if it something more entirely. We hope you can enlighten us on this.

2. Second, we had some further discussion on the plane of Electricity, specifically spell research involving that plane. My peers wonder If Electricity’s rare planar position makes it more difficult to conduct spell research. Additionally, some of my peers expressed interest in speaking to researcher Gebuys once more about such research and also inquired into how one might become a trainee within a cloister. (They wish to assist in research.)

3. In addition to spell research within the Electricity spellbook, various members wished to ask if the cloisters know of other Elemental Transformations besides Fire and Earth.

4. There was further discussion into the Standing Stones at Zaulfung. Students wonder if any other elemental artifacts designed to seal breaches have been erected in the past and if so, what tales exist surrounding those. Furthermore, there has been some debate about whether or not the Voidspell would weaken the planar barriers, and may have caused some problems in the past.

5. Further interest into Guild history was discussed and we have been wondering what role, if any, the Grovekeepers played during the time of the Imperial College and if they have any specific historical accounts from that era.

6. We discussed the Elemental guards that exist within many of the Guildhalls and became curious, how do these elementals recognize us as Warrior Mages?

7. Some members wished to know if the familiar maze within your Guildhall serves a specific purpose.

I thank you for your consideration into these subjects, Guildmaster. As an aside, I feel it necessary to inform you that over the course of various gatherings I have witnessed a vocal interest in knowledge on sorcery and while my friends and I have done our best to curb this interest, it is, in fact, something that has taken root with some of our guildmembers.

Signed,

Perune
Re: A letter delivered to the desk of Guildmaster Gauthus 05/21/2016 06:56 PM CDT
>There was further discussion into the Standing Stones at Zaulfung. Students wonder if any other elemental artifacts designed to seal breaches have been erected in the past and if so, what tales exist surrounding those.

My own theory is that we cannot understand it, because we cannot see the whole thing.

I think that whatever breach that is there is being held together the same way that a suture holds together the sides of a wound, only between planes. The stones are then a sort of anchor in our plane. There would be corresponding anchors (perhaps not stones at all) in whatever other planes the breach touches that act as their opposite numbers. The spell matrix is actually strung between the two (or however many) anchors, and pulling the opening closed. Fluctuations in available power to the matrix creates moments of weakness. The matrix itself was so large and complicated that it took an entire team of experience mages to put it and the anchors in place.

Being only able to see the single anchor and only the very edges of the matrix prevent us from ever being able to see the whole picture.

Anabasis
Re: A letter delivered to the desk of Guildmaster Gauthus 05/31/2016 12:40 PM CDT
Peers,

In regards to questions brought up regarding the Voidspell itself, I ask that you review Treatise on the Elements, vol. II. This should answer some, if not most, of the questions brought up that evening.

(OOC: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Treatise_on_the_Elements,_Volume_2_(book) )

Signed,

Perune