Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/03/2016 08:59 AM CDT
Guildmembers:

As part of our efforts to build unity and spur action within our Guildhalls we have discussed dates and times for continuous meetings throughout the weeks. These will begin as a test, dipping our feet into the waters to see what works best for the Guild as a whole. You can expect to receive gweth messages when we begin each meeting and a verbal announcement in front of the Crossing Guildhall. Thanks to Saragos, Binu and Xionara for stepping up to start the hosting of these gatherings. As always, if any member wants to gather a group, there's no reason you cannot host one on your own at any moment you wish.

I look forward to seeing each of you with more regularity.

~Perune

(OOC: We will begin by hosting weekly meetings every Friday at around 11 EST. If this time is problematic we'll re-arrange and find a better time for all.)
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/04/2016 08:39 AM CDT
>>(OOC: We will begin by hosting weekly meetings every Friday at around 11 EST. If this time is problematic we'll re-arrange and find a better time for all.)<<

Hey, man!

Do you guys want to schedule the gathering at the last Friday of the month to coincide with the Mentor WM meeting? Happy to help get WMs together. It'd be great for the new WMs to be able to mingle with more experienced mages.

Mazrian
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/04/2016 10:27 AM CDT
>>Do you guys want to schedule the gathering at the last Friday of the month to coincide with the Mentor WM meeting? Happy to help get WMs together. It'd be great for the new WMs to be able to mingle with more experienced mages.

Sounds good to me.
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/07/2016 04:38 PM CDT
That works for me, Mazrian. What time is that meeting?
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/08/2016 02:21 PM CDT
Just a reminder, but tonight is the first night for these new regular meets. I'll be around Crossing starting it up probably at 11:15 EST for those interested.
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings (Log) 04/10/2016 01:33 PM CDT
Here is a log from the first of the new weekly gatherings, for those who couldn't be there or are just interested:

[Warrior Mage Guild, Hall of History]
Thickly woven tapestries adorn the dull granite walls, each depicting something different. Iron sconces shaped like human hands, each holding a brightly lit gaethzen sphere, are affixed to the walls at regular intervals around the hall. A few mages read quietly in plush, high-backed chairs sitting atop the thick, bright red carpet.
You also see a stone seat, a white leopard, a Hanjora that is sitting, a stone seat, a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes that is sitting, a red and white batik cloth with several things on it, an ironwood table with a black leather-bound grimoire on it and a shiny silver plaque set above the archway leading west.
Also here: Black Fox Xionara who is sitting, Battle Mage Kaloura, Knight Magister Saragos, Forging Legend Binu, Ironsoul Arithane who is sitting, Jarvisyu, Wit Wielder Fizkinn who is sitting, Grand Inquisitor Liurilias who is emanating a bright holy aura, Magess Serennade who is sitting and Hurricane Dartellum who is sitting.
Obvious exits: west.

You say, "Alright, let's get started."
Binu says, "Great, Saragos made it too."
Saragos says, "I do my best."
You say, "I've been hearing alot about battles along the Northern Trade Route."
You say, "But I'm curious as to what's been going on with those attacks."
You ask, "Anyone know?"
Binu says, "As far as I've seen, it's just been random attacks from orcs or guardians."
Fizkinn exclaims, "Goblins, too!"
Binu says, "I haven't been able to get to them all though."
You ask, "Alot within Dirge though, yes?"
Dartellum says, "I am in Mistwood when they do."
Binu says, "Yes."
Fizkinn says, "Dirge down through to Kaerna."
You say, "I know Fizkinn and myself had to battle some within Dirge the other day."
You say, "I guess its something to keep in mind since it's been happening almost daily."
Serennade tenderly asks, "Do they have a connection with the Elpalzi or no?"
Dartellum asks, "They do not appear organized, do they?"
You say, "I'm not sure if they're connected, if something is riling them up, or if they're getting organized on their own."
Saragos quietly says, "Last thing we need is more foes getting organized."
You say, "But we should keep an eye out, because its odd. I expect the random skirmish at the gates, goblins do it all the time."
You say, "But they're targetting smaller towns like Dirge, that's different."
Dartellum asks, "Checking defenses?"
Fizkinn says, "I don't know if I've ever met the likes of Goblins, Orcs, and Ogres rallied underneath the banner of structured leadership. The Rock Guardians too, that one is the strange bit."
Binu says, "I wonder if they're trying to take over the mine."
Dartellum asks, "Drawing out the protectors away from Crossing, perhaps?"
Serennade tenderly says, "Oh."
Serennade tenderly says, "I am always in the mine."
Serennade tenderly says, "But I never see any activity there."
The spotted lizard hisses, "*As she eyes the snacks, in a hissing tone* Tektolnes sent me to uh... Observe. *flicks tongue dangerously close to a tart*"
You say, "Let's just agree to keep an eye out and if we hear anything important, we'll notify each other as soon as we're able."
Dartellum says, "Sure."
You say, "Well met, lizard companion."
You ask, "In addition to that, has there been any more activity from the Elpalzi since their attempt at taking Fort Motte?"
Dartellum says, "I have not heard of them out and about."
Fizkinn says, "Now that you mention it, I haven't seen much of them."
Saragos says, "Not that I've heard about. I don't hear everything, though."
Fizkinn asks, "Maybe they are occupied within the Keep?"
Jarvisyu says, "I've been around a lot, no sign of them."
You say, "I think so."
Saragos says to Fizkinn, "A reasonable suspicion."
You say, "That's good at least, for now."
You say, "Before long we'll be facing them again though."
You ask, "Out of curiosity, how many here are not citizens of Zoluren?"
Jarvisyu says, "I'm an explorer."
Xionara softly says, "Technically I am not a citizen."
Arithane says, "I enjoy spending my time between Zoluren and Ilithi."
Saragos says, "Been one all my life."
Dartellum says, "I defend Crossing when I can."
Arithane says, "Though a citizen of neither."
Serennade tenderly says, "Aye, me too."
You say, "Tonight we do have Advisor to Baron Gyfford within our presence, so I'm going to pose some questions to him for those who don't frequent Zoluren or might be just looking to help out in other cities."
You say, "Because we certainly receive a lot of help from them."
You ask, "Inquisitor, is there any dangers to the Baron's lands currently? Any threats our guild should be aware of?"
Liurilias asks, "In relation to the recent elpalzi incursions or just in general?"
You say, "General."
You say, "I know the Elpalzi are mostly concerned with dominating us here before they move elsewhere."
Liurilias says, "There are odd incursions of orcs, goblins, guardians and similar ilk."
You ask, "Nothing organized?"
Liurilias says, "Not that I know of."
Liurilias says, "There are sometimes incursions from the orcs led by Viggu but he has been surprisingly quiet of late."
Saragos says, "Fortunate."
You say, "Quiet can be good, as long as he's not building strength."
You ask, "If anyone here wanted to take a more vested interest in Therengia, what would you recommend?"
Liurilias says, "I'd suggest with speaking to our locals. Reach out to the Order of the Dragon Shield in Riverhaven."
Fizkinn says, "The Cavalry is always looking to expand our numbers, as well. At present, I am the only mage in the ranks, and we could use some more outriders."
Liurilias says, "There's also the Theren Guard, Northern Watch, and the Calvary who are primarily in Langenfirth and Therenborough."
You say, "Oh, are you part of the Cavalry, Fizkinn? I didn't know that."
Fizkinn says, "Aye."
You say, "Now I understand your interest in jousting."
Dartellum says, "I am not familiar with the Cavalry."
Fizkinn says, "A sport to practice our art, in times between defense of Therengia and all that would threaten on that side of the lake."
You say to Liurilias, "If you happen to see the Lord Chamberlain, give him our best and let him know he'd be welcome at any of these gatherings. We'd love to have him."
You say, "For those who do not know, the Lord Chamberlain is a member of our Guild."
Liurilias says to you, "I will be sure to inform him on your behalf."
You say, "Thank you."
You say, "A couple other things I wanted to mention."
Fizkinn says to Dartellum, "We are the extention of Therengia's military that specializes in rapid extention of force through mounted combat. Alternately, as the mounted force of scouts."
You say, "Was there a large interest in hunting evil with the Paladin's Guild? If so I will talk to Sir Leucius right away."
Dartellum says, "I do not own a horse."
You say, "They've been trying to organize themselves, we briefly covered this at the meeting, but I wanted to see how everyone feels."
Dartellum says, "And my bear will not let me ride him."
Fizkinn says to Dartellum, "Aye, that's usually the first step. We can get you sorted if you're interested in learning the trade from horseback, though."
Dartellum says, "I was looking into a horse."
Fizkinn says to Dartellum, "I can speak with you afterward if you'd like some more information."
You say, "No interest then? If so, I'll not pursue it."
Fizkinn says to you, "Pushing the darkness back further from our doorstep is always a good thing. I think that rooting it out at its source is even better."
You say, "I agree with that."
Dartellum says, "Yes, I would like to hunt evil."
You ask, "Anyone else?"
Saragos asks, "Anyone else what?"
You say, "I'll keep it in mind then."
You say, "About working with the Paladin's in a hunt."
Saragos asks, "About the Paladins and such?"
You say, "Yes."
Saragos says, "I'm always interested in something like that."
Jarvisyu says, "I'm an explorer."
Jarvisyu asks, "Can I help that much here?"
You say, "Yes, actually."
Dartellum says to Jarvisyu, "I do not see why not."
You say, "One of things we've been discussing is places we should travel and conduct studies."
Fizkinn says to Jarvisyu, "I've seen you elbow deep in goblin blood. Exploring their chest cavity, maybe."
You say, "I'd like to gather that list tonight so next meet, we can explore."
Jarvisyu says, "Only on the babies."
Saragos says, "Don't need a holy calling to do some good in this world."
Dartellum asks, "What sort of places?"
Jarvisyu says, "I still need plenty more training before I can handle Elpalzi."
Dartellum says, "I will go where ever."
You say, "The Standing Stones, the Fortress in Dragon Spine, Stormwill Tower, the Guildhall in Muspar'i has a lot of artifacts."
You say, "Laakmir."
Fizkinn says, "Ooh, Vykathi."
You say, "There's a lot of places relevant to our history and culture as elementalists."
Dartellum says, "Sounds fantastic and places for a second honeymoon."
Arithane says, "Those bugs are dangerous."
You say to Arithane, "Indeed."
You say, "In fact 2 of the places I mentioned are highly dangerous."
Dartellum says, "Nothing in this life is worth it unless it was dangerous."
Fizkinn says, "You know, one place that might be good to check out too, is The Field. Down there by shard, too."
Fizkinn asks, "You know the one?"
Dartellum says, "I have not died in a fortnite."
You ask, "Any one else know of any other places?"
Dartellum says, "I cannot think of any presently."
Arithane says, "I haven't been a quite a while, but does Meraud's Tower hold any artifacts? It is close by."
Fizkinn asks, "The burnt out war college up in Throne City?"
Fizkinn says, "I reckon folks get up there a lot on their own, though."
You say to Fizkinn, "We can go but the guards won't let us in without passage from the Guildleaders."
You say to Arithane, "That I'm not sure of."
Fizkinn says, "Something about Meraud's second-coming."
Saragos says, "Don't think there's much at Meraud's Tower. Throne City might be a nice reminder, but most of the real action as far as buildings are closed to us."
Fizkinn says, "We should collect more Lavender."
Saragos says, "Though it's nice to see a reminder of something we were once charged to protect."
You ask, "Well, out of the places we know, where would everyone like to go?"
Dartellum exclaims, "Field trip!"
You say, "We'll make it the point of our next gathering to go to the place we decide upon tonight."
Dartellum says, "I have yet to visit Muspari."
You say to Liurilias, "Good luck."
Serennade tenderly says, "I will go anywhere."
Fizkinn says, "Muspari is fun."
You ask, "How does everyone feel about the Muspar'i guildhall?"
Kaloura cheerfully says, "Sounds good to me."
Serennade tenderly says, "I have never been to Muspar'i either."
Saragos says, "I'm up for just about any place. That one, or Chyolvea sounds great to me, though."
Tektolnes confidently says, "I don't even know where it is on a map."
You say, "Excellent. Let's plan to meet in Therengborough so we can all get passports."
You say, "Once we get the passports we can group up and headout."
Fizkinn says, "Darn passport gremlin got me again."
You say, "Yeah, mine expired."
Serennade tenderly asks, "And that wukk be when?"
Arithane says to Tektolnes, "Climb to the top of the tower and look north. That smidge that you see on the horizon, it's way past that."
Serennade tenderly asks, "And when?"
You say, "Same time next week."
Serennade tenderly says, "Okay."
Dartellum asks, "In Therenborough?"
You say, "Yes."
Serennade tenderly asks, "Will you send a reminder?"
Saragos says, "Might be a good idea to meet at the gate."
Saragos says, "That way we're not waiting at random points inside the city."
You say, "I'll gweth and post a reminder on our board downstairs."
Serennade tenderly says, "That's great."
Serennade tenderly says, "You need to eat something."
Dartellum says, "My leg was asleep."
You say, "For those who don't know, Muspar'i is a bit of a trek, and Therengia requires everyone to get a passport from their offices in Therenborough to travel to Hvaral."
You say, "So that's why we're meeting at the gate to Therenborough."
You say, "This is something where you'll definitely want to be on time, because anyone who gets left behind.. definitely left behind."
Fizkinn asks, "Time of day will matter, yes?"
Fizkinn says, "The gates will close at night."
You say, "Unless we get a moonmage."
Saragos says, "Just wanted to raise another point. We could potentially arrange for a moongate, if things align."
You ask Fizkinn, "To the passport offices or to Muspar'i itself?"
You say, "I know the Keep closes at night."
Fizkinn asks, "Is it just the keep?"
You say, "The passport offices are in another Hall I think."
Fizkinn says, "Wasn't sure about the outer gates."
You say, "Yes, I believe it's just the Keep."
Serennade tenderly says, "The gates close in Shard."
Saragos says, "Though it might be getting drunk on the barge over could be a good bonding experience."
Serennade tenderly says, "But I am not sure about."
You say, "I'll try and double check for everyone."
Arithane says to Serennade, "All but the east gate."
You ask, "Well, now that we've decided what to do for next time, does anyone have anything they'd like to bring up?"
Tektolnes confidently says, "Uh...just so you all know, some Moon Mage decided to conjure some construct outside the Guildhall."
Arithane says, "Sounds like a glass construct is outside now."
Dartellum says, "That is my natural look."
Tektolnes confidently says, "It's slaughtering random bystandards."
You ask, "Construct?"
Saragos asks, "Now?"
Tektolnes confidently asks, "So uh... Just watch yourself?"
Fizkinn asks, "Right now?"
You say, "That sounds like our cue."

At this point we broke up to investigate the construct and praise Mistanna and Etherian for its destruction.
Re: Announcement: New Regular Gatherings 04/11/2016 07:33 AM CDT
>>That works for me, Mazrian. What time is that meeting?

Next Mentor WM meeting is 4/29 at 9pm eastern.

Mazrian