ES is your friend 03/07/2007 10:07 PM CST
* Moving in with powerful grace but just as its opponent is distracted, a snow goblin sweeps low at you. You deflect little of the club with a fullered bastard sword etched with silver symbols down the blade. The club lands a very heavy hit that flattens your left eye deep into its socket, knocking you completely senseless.
[You're beat up, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>ret
You are still stunned.
>
* Moving like a striking snake, a snow goblin sidesteps and bashes at you. You knock aside nearly all the club with a fullered bastard sword etched with silver symbols down the blade. The club lands a light hit to your head.
[You're beat up, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
With a loud crack, a large frozen club breaks into smaller, useless chunks of ice.
>ret
>ret
You retreat back to pole range.
>
You retreat from combat.
>heal
Your body feels beat up.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, some minor abrasions to the left arm, some minor abrasions to the chest, some minor abrasions to the right eye, a severely swollen, bruised and crossed left eye compounded by a black and blue left eye.
>
>"Stupid goblin
You say, "Stupid goblin"
>prep fb 20
You feel as if that will disrupt about half your current attunement.
Heatless orange flames blaze between your fingertips as you prepare the Fire Ball spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
A snow goblin begins to advance on you!
The snow goblin is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>"Gonna get you for that
You say, "Gonna get you for that"
>ret
>ret
>tar
You are already as far away as you can get!
>
>
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a snow goblin.
>
The snow goblin closes to pole weapon range on you!
>ret
>
You retreat from combat.
>
>ret
You retreat from combat.
>ret
>harn 5
The formation of the target pattern around a snow goblin has completed.
>
>
You tap into the mana from five of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 seconds
>rasp
The snow goblin closes to melee range on you!
>
You stick your tongue out and let loose with a loud, "Thbtbtbt" from your lips!
>cast
You gesture at a snow goblin.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
A large ball of flame flies at a snow goblin!
The fireball slams into its head and explodes, blasting the skull into dozens of blackened splinters. Maybe they'll be able to identify it by the teeth.
A fiery concussion of flames flares outwards in all directions from a snow goblin!
The roar of flames fills your ears as the fiery conflagration catches you in its wake, blistering your flesh!
You are stunned by the blast!
A snow goblin stares at you stupidly for a moment, before its eyes roll backwards into its head. The creature's skin turns frosty blue, taking on an icy appearance, as it falls to the ground with a thud.
Roundtime: 1 second.
>ret
You are still stunned.
>"Ow
You say, "Ow"

NEVER forget to use ES or stay back!

>heal
You have some minor abrasions to the head, some minor abrasions to the left arm, some minor abrasions to the chest, some minor abrasions to the right eye, a severely swollen, bruised and crossed left eye compounded by a black and blue left eye, a small skin rash.

Rigek

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 04:28 AM CST
One word... OUCH!

Good advice though. I always try to stack up my ES before I head out purely as habit. I do not have FB yet but I'll get there.

Lovin SD though. <grin>
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 02:14 PM CST
A bit off topic but...

Is a prep 1 ES as good as a prep 10 ES, but doesn't last as long? Even more off topic, does the length remaining or cast power of ES effect the power of SD?

Rick
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 05:17 PM CST
>>Is a prep 1 ES as good as a prep 10 ES, but doesn't last as long?

This is a good question. Since we learned that PFE's power is based on the mana in the first cast (with additional casts only affecting duration), it makes me curious about other spells. ES, SOP... maybe YS? Not sure how that one works.

- Xelten
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 06:23 PM CST
I may possibly be wrong about this, but to my recollection, Wythor commented the spell power for ES is static, and mana only controls duration, the only other factor in effectiveness is if the shield is discharged or not.

On another note: YS takes power from the first cast, repeated casts only add duration, this is from moderate personal testing.
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 07:04 PM CST
I thought it was that mana has no effect on its strength vs non-elemental spells, but mana does affect its strength vs elemental based spells. And that discharging it affects which spells it is more or less effective against.

-Armifer
Re: ES is your friend 03/08/2007 09:09 PM CST
>I may possibly be wrong about this, but to my recollection, Wythor commented the spell power for ES is static, and mana only controls duration, the only other factor in effectiveness is if the shield is discharged or not.

Refer here:
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=23&topic=3&message=13724

>I thought it was that mana has no effect on its strength vs non-elemental spells, but mana does affect its strength vs elemental based spells. And that discharging it affects which spells it is more or less effective against.

Last line before sig in this post:
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=23&topic=3&message=13730

Fuquois