A New One on Me 02/08/2007 01:33 PM CST
Shocked the fire out of me, but just had to play along with it.

>A lean bear stands up on its hind legs and begins pawing at its neck. Carefully removing its skin like an overcoat, a hazy bipedal shape emerges from inside the bear skin. Neatly tucking the skin under one appendage, the blurry shape flickers out of sight.
>go trail
[Hara'jaal, Fal Daelfa]
Running water can be heard through the thick foliage to the east, though no clear trail leads in that direction. The trees are thin and tall, competing for every bit of sunlight.
Obvious paths: north, south.
Rayvne followed.
>
Rayvne asks, "What was that?"
>grin
You grin.
>'Never mind that.
Rayvne gawks at you.
>
You say, "Never mind that."
>
Your legs are dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around you.
>
Rayvne says, "Um, alright"
>chortle rayv
You chortle at Rayvne.
>'And you thought he was a bear.
You say, "And you thought he was a bear."

Never seen that dismissal message before.

Fuquois

P.S. - When are we going to be able to choose which summon and dismissal messages we want for our familiars?
Re: A New One on Me 02/08/2007 04:07 PM CST
<<Never seen that dismissal message before.

Very rarely you get a really cool, Rottcloar'esque messaging. Whenever I see one it makes me sad because Rottie has been very, very quiet lately (most likely gone, again).

~The Fire Lion Magmus Bloodston, Blackfire Enthusiast
Re: A New One on Me 02/08/2007 04:55 PM CST
>>Very rarely you get a really cool, Rottcloar'esque messaging. Whenever I see one it makes me sad because Rottie has been very, very quiet lately (most likely gone, again).

Be vewwy vewwy quiet! I'm hunting Rotties! hehehehe!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: A New One on Me 02/09/2007 12:25 AM CST
Rottcloar will forever stand out in my mind amongst GMs. Not because of his coding prowess and creativity (which is nothing to be scoffed at), but because he was the first GM I ever ran into in game.

I was hanging out with some clerics/empaths who were helping get some deader on his feet. All of a sudden, the sky turned dark. There was thunder and lightning. A portal opened, and Rottcloar stepped out. He glanced at the deader and started to bury him. The portal opened again and he was gone just as quickly as he had come.

I was totally wigged out by the experience. Only later was it explained to me that Rottcloar was a GM and that I had no reason to fear.

Fuquois
Re: A New One on Me 02/09/2007 08:38 AM CST
Rottie visited me once right after the new owl fams came out and asked me how I liked them. I was shocked, said something plain like, "I love them", or something.

After he left I was thinking, DOH! Should have said this, and that and that and that... Missed opportunity to say how much I really liked him and his work. :)

Targoth
Re: A New One on Me 02/09/2007 01:26 PM CST
<<Rottcloar will forever stand out in my mind amongst GMs. Not because of his coding prowess and creativity (which is nothing to be scoffed at), but because he was the first GM I ever ran into in game.

It took me a good year and a half, maybe two years, to realize I knew Rottie as someone else. It was on Christmas eve day when I finally realized it - and it made perfect sense. I wish he'd pop his head in again, either as a GM or a player. He was good people.

~The Fire Lion Magmus Bloodston, Blackfire Enthusiast