Pathway Power and Sun Vulture Hearstones 03/20/2017 03:00 AM CDT
Gauthus is still sending people to bring back sun vulture heartstones. Since the shop updates deleted local unlonchai buckets that means a 16th circle WM is expected to travel to Therengia, find a cleric so they can even enter the hunting ground, somehow manage the crazy special attacks and swarms, dry the thing, buy a piece of obsolete alchemical equipment (the bucket) from Shard, Aesry or Ratha and succeed in the mech lore check to make the thing?

This seems extraordinarily punishing. Why can't he just ask for a raw heart or not send someone to sun vultures at all?

The WM questing tried the wait 2 hours and ask again method and he sent her 3 more times for a sun vulture heartstone making it 4 times in a row. Something seems buggy (and sadistic).

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Pathway Power and Sun Vulture Hearstones 03/20/2017 08:27 AM CDT
If you look at it 'glass half full' though it is a sweet adventure and some nice RP situations to get into!

I personally wouldn't have enjoyed it, but it is doable.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Pathway Power and Sun Vulture Hearstones 03/20/2017 08:50 AM CDT
<If you look at it 'glass half full' though it is a sweet adventure and some nice RP situations to get into!

The reality is you die alone in Theren on a 16th circle WM where no one can hear you scream.

Take the risk of thinking for yourself , much more happiness , truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way
Re: Pathway Power and Sun Vulture Hearstones 03/20/2017 02:21 PM CDT
>If you look at it 'glass half full' though it is a sweet adventure and some nice RP situations to get into!

I'm not sure you're if you're joking or not.

Because of how ancient the mech alchemy mechanics are in relation to modern alchemy tools the vulture heart doesn't even cause a wayerd pyramid to message that the drying was successful. You can't dry vulture hearts in alchemy society presses. Iirc the Ranger drying Beseech doesn't work on them. The heart's tap description doesn't change once you've dried it - only the examine description.

This is only an adventure insofar as it challenges someone who's been playing for many years to remember hunting grounds long disused and forgotten for good reason and how 2001 mech lore alchemy works. As far as we could tell unlonchai buckets either don't work at all on hearts (or another case of the item description messaging not changing) or the mech req for them is much higher as well. Fortunately there's another bug? feature? that allows you to skip that step but nothing to suggest you could.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Pathway Power and Sun Vulture Hearstones 03/25/2017 12:23 AM CDT
IIRC I had to do all the pathway quests when I came back in 2013 and didn't have to do the sun vultures. I think he can give lots of different quests? Maybe the sun vultures can be removed as an option.

- Saragos