Elemental Charge and Scale 04/14/2016 07:07 PM CDT
In just a few minutes I'm going to roll in some changes to the way Elemental Charge scales.

These changes include:
- Min pool increased ~5x*
- Max pool increased ~10x*
- Pathway start cost increased ~5x
- Pathway maintenance cost increased ~5x
- Charge per cast, both opposed and aligned, increased ~10x
- Familiar cost increased ~5x
- Domain cost inreased ~6x
- Elemental Weapon cost increased ~5x
- Summon Admitance/Impedence increased ~10x**

* There may be some issues initially where you're pool is almost empty as soon as you convert, which will be anytime you interact with it.
** You can no longer do this in combat. It was never intentional that you be able to.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/14/2016 07:12 PM CDT
Forgot to mention, I also modified what goes in to determining pool size. Previously it was just Stamina. Now it is Stamina + Discipline + Summoning Skill.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/15/2016 01:00 AM CDT
Looks great! So overall, our experience seems like it will be - max pool size increased, casting spells and summon admittance charges the pool faster. I'm guessing the change was to give more room to maneuver for future development?

I'm excited to see what comes next.

- Saragos
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/15/2016 04:03 AM CDT
Whatcha doin?

-Munch-
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/16/2016 02:56 PM CDT
Can you explain what the purpose of these changes was?

From my perspective, the cost for summoning a familiar needs to be absolutely negligible. Either that, or we should naturally drift to a certain amount of charge that is enough to summon a familiar at the least. It's extremely frustrating to need to sit down for 3 summon admits just to be able to summon a familiar. For me, that's 30 seconds. For a new warrior mage, that's close to 1 minute. It's excessive.

Just like the way Thief confidence works. With more charisma, their confidence naturally settles at a higher point. It can still become less through death or whatever other actions reduce confidence, but over time it will drift to a slightly higher state.
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/16/2016 02:59 PM CDT
For clarification, I do not have an opinion one way or another about these changes as I haven't had the time to do sufficient testing to see how they affect me. I'm just unsure why they were made.

The one change that I appreciate is that pool size is now determined by more than just 1 stat. Does this mean that the maximum pool size is larger? Or is it the same but based on 3 stats instead of 1?
Re: Elemental Charge and Scale 04/16/2016 07:00 PM CDT
<<Can you explain what the purpose of these changes was?

Looks like it was to make the charge gain from casting spells more impactful and make it so that it was the primary viable way to gain charge in combat (it's now twice as effective as it was before) while at the same time allowing for increased gradation of charge levels.