Training Summoning 06/03/2013 10:44 AM CDT
So I figured out how to train Summoning pretty quickly, figured I'd share it in case anyone else was having trouble...it doesn't get much simpler than this.

Align Fire. May have to let it cycle once or twice to put up pathway focus damage.

top:
put summon admitt
pause 15
put stand
put prep ignite 10
pause
put charge my armband 10
pause 5
put charge my armband 10
pause 5
put charge my armband 10
pause 5
put invoke cambrinth armband
pause 3
put cast my scim
goto top
Re: Training Summoning 06/03/2013 02:53 PM CDT
Honestly if you goign to do it that way. I probably repeat that casting about 3-5 more times before you go back to summon admit.
Re: Training Summoning 08/01/2013 03:33 PM CDT
defend also cycles really fast-

Re: Training Summoning 08/02/2013 02:55 AM CDT

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Training Summoning 08/02/2013 04:42 AM CDT
Well if you're looking to lock it, the fastest way would be to get the most pulses - charging it summon admit nets like 1-2 to fill it. So unless barrage is teaching well for you, just running a pathway is your best bet.

While running a full cycle of like conserve for me nets me 7, running defend it eats it really fast(maybe uses the most compared to the rest too?) so it'd pulse 5-6 times in the time another one pulses 2-3.

If you're running a summon admit cycle and/or spell cast to charge and a pathway trying to lock it - you'd want the one that pulsed the most often. If I fill mine halfway, I can usually keep defense and summon admit going and lock it faster than conserve or any of the others.

Damage uses less than accuracy, they seem to pulse about the same, but my theory is, the more extraplanar power you use per pulse, the more exp.

You could spam it on and off, but you learn more from a pulse than activation.

Re: Training Summoning 08/02/2013 06:37 AM CDT
Its possible to very effectively train it in combat (at least at my level of ~425 summoning).

I MOA and FS/FB every thing I hunt before I kill it. It keeps the charge up so I'm always at least 3/34 though I'm more often much higher.

If not, the standard sit on your duff and charge/pathway works.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Training Summoning 08/08/2013 03:31 AM CDT
from full pool to empty running conserve pathway it takes around 10 minutes to drain completely. around every 10 minutes or so i will just keep the critters stunned with TC and summon admit till the pool is full again. This method seems to work best for me at least. For a long time there I would fill the pool before hunting and throw in a summon admit every time i would use hunt. Unless you are just chain gunning aligned spells, casting does not seem to be a very good way to keep the pool full long enough to lock summoning not to mention having to neglect that time you would be using to train weapons or whatever else.

- Erixx
Re: Training Summoning 11/28/2013 07:08 PM CST

I used to have problems locking summoning until I recently raised mentals about 2 points each. Now I have no problems locking it with
Discipline : 48 Wisdom : 44
Intelligence : 42

Before adding mentals, I'd be lucky to cast two spells before running out of juice. I guess pathway is based off your mental pools. The more accurate you are and damage you inflict the quicker the pool fills up.

No problems locking it in combat casting min GZ, charging armband 8. It takes about 20-30 minutes in Orcs.
Armor, Parry, defending and evasion get a nice workout while I wait.

Shield Usage: 182 06% interested (12/34) Chain Armor: 369 41% mind lock (34/34)
Defending: 395 64% mind lock (34/34) Parry Ability: 407 33% mind lock (34/34)
Large Edged: 388 28% learning (3/34) Twohanded Edged: 235 69% considering (6/34)
Arcana: 345 12% intrigued (16/34) Targeted Magic: 461 64% mind lock (34/34)
Summoning: 374 53% mind lock (34/34) Evasion: 381 06% mind lock (34/34)

I usually lock summoning then work on HE afterwards.