Crosspost from Magic 07/13/2010 08:31 PM CDT
>>First, you will gain finer control over how your mana is applied to qualities in the spell. Spells will have three defined attributes: Potency, Duration, and Integrity. Potency refers to the raw power of the effect: how much a skill buff is worth, how damaging a TM spell is, etc. Duration should be self-explanatory. Integrity is a "meta" stat, referring to how well your spell can pierce magical defenses and resist dispellation.

Do you have a plan for WM pathways after Magic 3.0? I'm not complaining but it does sound like you're putting pathways into general magic. I like it but will WMs be getting something more? Different? Nothing?
Re: Crosspost from Magic 07/13/2010 08:37 PM CDT
Double-posting because Armifer made me.

Pathways exist in a mysterious realm I am not comfortable talking about yet until I wrangle with the system more.

-Z
Re: Crosspost from Magic 07/14/2010 05:58 PM CDT
Oh I know! they exist within the Familiars! Now ya have to look at both systems!
Re: Crosspost from Magic ::NUDGE:: 07/15/2010 08:30 AM CDT
Any discussion of the new magic system belongs in Abilities, Skills, and Magic -> Magic - Suggestions, Discussions and Thoughts.

Wordan
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Wordan@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Crosspost from Magic ::NUDGE:: 07/15/2010 08:51 AM CDT
>>Any discussion of the new magic system belongs in Abilities, Skills, and Magic -> Magic - Suggestions, Discussions and Thoughts.

I was asking about an existing magic system and what's going to happen to it. What's wrong with it being here? This is an extremely appropriate place for it. Especially since Z and Armifer can't answer it so this should be a better place for Wythor to see it.
Re: Crosspost from Magic ::NUDGE:: 07/15/2010 10:25 AM CDT
I reviewed the rules of the thread for the magic 3.0 and you're right. Sorry about that!

Wordan
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Wordan@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net