Manipulative Resolve Gauge 06/07/2010 07:06 PM CDT
I always liked the idea of manipulative resolve and aether pathways, however I find that I don't use them very often for a number of reasons. One reason being that it is difficult to gauge how long a given pathway will last, and how full your resolve is, and how much time you have left until your resolve empties and the pathway ends.

Something that would help make AP more useful IMO would be some kind of graphical gauge like we have for Mana.

Something like:

<< resolve OR path sense
You feel that you still possess most of your capacity to manipulate elemental forces.
Resolve: 0.............50..||........100

You could even turn the graphical gauge on and off like you can with Mana, in case you prefer the original way.

And perhaps we could take it a step further and incorporate the duration in, as well:

<< resolve time OR pathway sense time
You feel that you still possess most of your capacity to manipulate elemental forces.
You estimate that your current pathway will stay activated for about 2 roisen and 15 seconds.

Also, I think it would be really, really useful if Pathway Check and Pathway Sense were combined into one command (the addition of a short RT wouldn't be unwarranted):

<< resolve OR pathway sense
You sense that you are focusing on the pathway of damage, which will last for 2 roisen and 15 seconds.
Roundtime: 2 seconds

If we got some changes like this rolled into Pathways, I could definitely see myself using them more often as it would be easier to see how much resolve you have left and how much longer your pathways will last, without having to guess or use a stop watch every time.

I know the GMs are busy, and I appreciate your hard work, guys (and gals). If Pathways aren't a high priority now, I understand. These are wishlist things I'd love to see some day. Please let me know if changes like this are feasible. Thanks!