Suggestion for new Pathway: Pathway Frenzy 05/12/2010 02:56 AM CDT
If you're like me, then you've probably experimented with Pathways, and found there's only a couple that you use regularly. For me, the only two I ever really use are Damage and Conserve. I love Conserve because I can snap cast 7-mana Chain Lightnings to train TM. I probably use it more than Damage.... I just wish the duration was modestly longer.

But then I thought, hey, why make spells cheaper when we could make Mana Regenerate faster??..... and I mean MUCH faster! Enter PATHWAY FRENZY. While Frenzy is activated, the warrior mage would regenerate mana at a feverishly fast rate. (The regen could pulse every one or two seconds instead of every 6-8 seconds.) While frenzy is activated, the warmage could cast spells, over and over, without having to worry too much about mana depletion... even in lower mana rooms. If one's attunement did get low, then frenzy would allow the mana to regen at a static rate, instead of a percentage of remaining mana, so that way lower attunement would regenerate much faster, too.

This spell would be useful in a variety of situations. Mages could activate it, and then buff themselves (or friends) up quickly, without having to wait to regen mana between spells. Also, it would greatly enhance ones ability at combat effectiveness, allowing the caster to use more mana in his spells than he other wise might, if he was afraid of draining so much of his attunement that it slowed his regen rate.

The name, of course, is up for grabs. I like 'Frenzy' because it gave me the image of a Mage scrambling to cast spells as fast as he can to take advantage of the mana regen boost. Any other name suggestions are also welcome.

In case anyone thinks this Pathway would be too powerful, we could also add in some negative side effects if necessary. For instance, Frenzy could regen mana so quickly that it literally exceeds 100 attunement. In this case, the mage would start taking nerve damage until he reduced his attunement back to 100 or less by casting (or harnessing). THis would also go along with the 'Frenzy' theme, in that a mage has to be quickly utilizing his excess mana to prevent Mana burn.

Anyone have any comments or thoughts about this? Good idea, bad idea? I think it would be a whole lot of fun, personally :-) Your suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Re: Suggestion for new Pathway: Pathway Frenzy 05/12/2010 07:00 AM CDT
I like the idea, it would be useful at lower levels.
Re: Suggestion for new Pathway: Pathway Frenzy 05/12/2010 12:52 PM CDT
Interesting idea!

I think for it to be somewhat balanced, the pathway would have to be pretty hungry with consuming manipulate resolve. Such a consumption would fit the theme of the pathway by being inefficient with resources in order to produce results quickly, and it wouldn't entirely unbalance us if it acted as a sort of magic adrenaline shot.

Perhaps even have it work like Barrage, tanking a large portion of resolve in order to restore a static or mentals-based percentage of attunement?

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."