Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/06/2009 01:08 AM CDT
I got to play around with this the other day in hierophants, I like it, but it only lasts just under 2 mins total. Is there any chance that could be reevaluated? That amount of time is only good if you know your about to get hit right away. IE you see them prepping and you arm it

Somewhere between 6-9 mins would be great.

Also, could recovery time for our resolve be looked at?
From as low as I could tank it to full it took 5 mins to recover.

In general I think our resolve pool is too low to. It would be nice if we had enough to last a hunting session or close to it. 15-25 mins or less if recovery was faster

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/06/2009 05:33 AM CDT
>>Somewhere between 6-9 mins would be great.

>>From as low as I could tank it to full it took 5 mins to recover.

Aethereal pathways are supposed to be the exception, not the norm. For a special ability that 'breaks the rules' of the TM system, it is not a good thing to be able to have them active more often than not.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/06/2009 11:36 PM CDT
>>Aethereal pathways are supposed to be the exception, not the norm. For a special ability that 'breaks the rules' of the TM system, it is not a good thing to be able to have them active more often than not.

Really? Well that just bites... I'm not really sure I get how the whole ability breaks the rules, but okay. Does that mean a TM CJ breaks the rules to?

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/06/2009 11:54 PM CDT
>Really? Well that just bites... I'm not really sure I get how the whole ability breaks the rules, but okay. Does that mean a TM CJ breaks the rules to?

With few exceptions, Pathways shift the game in your favor rather than making you better at the game.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/08/2009 07:51 AM CDT
>>Aethereal pathways are supposed to be the exception, not the norm. For a special ability that 'breaks the rules' of the TM system, it is not a good thing to be able to have them active more often than not.

What exactly effects the duration of pathways? Seems like sometimes i can have one up for 10 minutes or so and other times it drops in a minute or two max. My concentration never takes a hit and i haven't seen the duration increase with my circles or stats.
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/08/2009 09:45 AM CDT
I have noticed the same thing. damage may last for ten minutes but say accuracy only lasts a minute or to. I have noticed though that when I put more focus into my magic skills I.e. primary and harness etc. that my duration did seem to jump up on the lower circle pathways. I may be totally wrong but it would make sense to me that the more skill you have in magic the more you would find a way to manipulate it easier.

http://ehon.mybrute.com/
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/08/2009 02:25 PM CDT
Without quoting any specific posts, I believe it has been stated Discipline, Charisma, and Intelligence (in no particular order) all factor into manipulative resolve pool size and/or regeneration.

Each pathway burns through resolve at a different rate, which makes sense. A pathway that is doing more work should use up more units of resolve per second.
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/09/2009 12:26 AM CDT
>>What exactly effects the duration of pathways? Seems like sometimes i can have one up for 10 minutes or so and other times it drops in a minute or two max. My concentration never takes a hit and i haven't seen the duration increase with my circles or stats.

>>Without quoting any specific posts, I believe it has been stated Discipline, Charisma, and Intelligence (in no particular order) all factor into manipulative resolve pool size and/or regeneration.

Those three attributes affect the amount of manipulative resolve you have, but it regenerates at a static rate.

>>Each pathway burns through resolve at a different rate, which makes sense. A pathway that is doing more work should use up more units of resolve per second.

Correct.

>>I may be totally wrong but it would make sense to me that the more skill you have in magic the more you would find a way to manipulate it easier.

Manipulation of the aethereal pathways isn't actually magic.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/09/2009 03:30 PM CDT
>>I may be totally wrong but it would make sense to me that the more skill you have in magic the more you would find a way to manipulate it easier.

Manipulation of the aethereal pathways isn't actually magic.

Whew I am glad I put that clarifying statement in the begining!

on a side note when are we going to see the Wythor Brute...and why does the Khurek brute keep picking on me! lol

http://ehon.mybrute.com/
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/09/2009 04:22 PM CDT
>>Those three attributes affect the amount of manipulative resolve you have, but it regenerates at a static rate.

Is it a static percent or an absolute x bits of resolve per pulse?

Do we regain resolve while pathways are going or do we have to stop them?
Re: Pathway defense and Recovery time 06/10/2009 02:58 AM CDT
>>Is it a static percent or an absolute x bits of resolve per pulse?

If it were a static percentage of drained resolve, you would never reach capacity. A static percent of total resolve is the same as a static number of points per pulse.

>>Do we regain resolve while pathways are going or do we have to stop them?

Regeneration takes place all the time, but I can assure you that every pathway has a depletion rate higher than the regeneration rate. The rates were factored in when determining their durations.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out