Pathway Defense 07/22/2008 06:51 PM CDT
I've been working on this quest for a few hours now and I feel I've exhausted every possible avenue. Does anyone have any advice or hints for me? I'd realllly appreciate it.
Re: Pathway Defense 07/22/2008 07:48 PM CDT
The pedestal. With all the dials and the crystal.
Re: Pathway Defense 07/23/2008 12:11 AM CDT
Well, after a few hours I managed to figure it out.
Re: Pathway Defense 07/23/2008 01:58 PM CDT
eh.. pathway defense is out? or is that a typo?
Re: Pathway Defense 07/23/2008 02:59 PM CDT
Pathway Defense is out for Premie players from what I've found.
Re: Pathway Defense 07/27/2008 11:58 AM CDT
Remind me to never again do these pathway quests. I finally figured out the first new one, after spending HOURS on it, until someone told me the secret. I had tried pretty much everything except that. Now, I can't seem to figure this one out, and am guessing I will spend hours on it as well.

Someone kill me.

-Master Ndin
Re: Pathway Defense 07/29/2008 08:01 PM CDT
So I have tried twice on this pathway, and I can't get anywhere with it. Any hints on what to do? I haven't even found the bloody basement yet, found a floor that felt like it was getting warm and all, but nothing after that. Thanks
Re: Pathway Defense 07/30/2008 07:37 AM CDT
>>So I have tried twice on this pathway, and I can't get anywhere with it. Any hints on what to do? I haven't even found the bloody basement yet, found a floor that felt like it was getting warm and all, but nothing after that. Thanks

Out of curiosity, what circle is your character? I'm trying to figure out at what point one can attempt to get pathway Defense. For what it's worth, 43rd doesn't do the trick.

(Sorry I can't help with the puzzle aspect).

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Pathway Defense 07/30/2008 11:44 AM CDT
56th and I can.
Re: Pathway Defense 08/06/2008 10:26 PM CDT
If you're still having trouble with the last pathway quest, feel free to e-mail me at drelvenstuff@yahoo.com. I can give you some hints.
Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 09:01 AM CDT
Okay so I have beat my head against the keyboard till it is bloody. If someone can help me with this quest please IM me runaway421.

Thanks

player of Ship Captain Listia Van Keller, Witch of Ratha
Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 09:39 AM CDT
Got it. Thanks.

player of Ship Captain Listia Van Keller, Witch of Ratha
Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 09:44 AM CDT
Someone should do their good deed for the day and post the walkthrough on elanthipedia.

-Sephos
Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 09:57 AM CDT
I was thinking about waiting a couple weeks to give people time since it opened. Also debated doing it at all... maybe I'll add some hints to the pedia

Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 10:13 AM CDT
added hints to the peida.

Re: Pathway Defense 08/23/2008 01:49 PM CDT
>>Someone should do their good deed for the day and post the walkthrough on elanthipedia.

If all goes well with the hints that I got there will be a walkthrough on DRsecrets by evening
Pathway Defense / Dragons breath 09/16/2008 11:55 PM CDT
Is it useful , better/worse than Aether cloak?

About to learn dragons breath, Do the pathways work with it seein how its not actually targeted ?
Re: Pathway Defense / Dragons breath 09/17/2008 07:37 AM CDT
Pathway defense is just different that aether cloak, can't say if it's better or worse, depends on how you use it. Aether Cloak mostly reduces the likelihood of getting hit by a TM spell similar to how MR does (not the same just similar) however pathway defense decreases the damage you take if you get hit (by about half in my crude estimates and testing). I think AC is more effective, because it's scalable and you can hold it for as long as you can hold mana. However pathway defense is essentially free (after a quest of course) and at decent levels you can get it to last a couple of minutes anyway, enough for a spar maybe, and you can still cast spells with it up so it has its niche.

I haven't done any testing of DB with the pathways to answer your second question.

- Player of Newtrini Pi'Gui