Familiar Idea: Primal Familiars 07/17/2017 07:29 PM CDT
This is just a suggestion, or an idea rather, that I one day nerded out on in a moment of creativity. Feel free to adopt it, apply it, judge it, mock it or whatever else. Just feel the need to share it to at least see what people think. I know that the Warrior Mage guild is in no way a priority for the short-staffed developers at the moment, nor is this designed to add any amount of pressure on the staff to pay more attention to the guild.

In keeping with the certain quests, I imagine these Primal familiars to utilize the current TASK system setup already established with the Warrior Mage guild leaders. That being said in essence, these quests would be classified as a sort of pilgrimage for the Warrior Mage that would have them complete a set of tasks building up into the final quest, where they ultimately battle their familiar in order to master summoning that element.

I would consider being able to summon a Primal familiar to be a big friggin' deal in terms of mastery so I could expect the follow requirements:
- 100th Circle
- Summoning skill a little bit above 100th circle requirements, possibly 500 or so.
- You would only be able to summon one primal familiar at a time, so you would have to be very selective at which quest you would want to participate in. (Heck, Simu: You could even make money off of this by adding something in the SimuCoin store to reset the cooldown)
- Primal familiars could only be summoned once a day and also utilize a timer.

The primary goal of this new familiar based system is not to mimic functions we’ve already established in other guilds, Necromancers or Empaths, but to provide a more advanced support based utility. They will not be clones of the familiars of days’ past. With the release of the summoning system, I feel it’s important to add to and implement things that already exist. These familiars will do exactly that. For example, starting off the Warrior Mage will need to have to align themselves to the element that the primal familiar is based upon before summoning. After summoning the element, the Warrior Mage will be locked into that alignment and must maintain a minimum charge to have said familiar active. Also, the Warrior Mage will need to fully charge themselves to benefit from any further utilization that these primal familiars will provide:

1. Spell utility: Each primal familiar will have a certain spell usage that can be activated using a corresponding elemental cantrip (I.E. Primal fire elemental will respond to Burning Touch, electrical elemental will respond to Electric Charge, etc.). The primal familiars will not activate these spells unless the warrior mage is fully admitted into that corresponding element. For example, if the it was a Primal Fire familiar, it could activate a fully maximized Mantle of Flames on the player, with full duration.

2. TM Bonus: Invoking a fully charged elemental familiar will allow the Warrior Mage to utilize them as a conduit to provide an added damage boost from targeted magic. (This bonus will only provide an increased based upon summoning skill that ranges between Tier 1 – Tier 3 Foci related increased.) Invoking the familiar could create a temporary item, Primal Essence, which would serve as the Arcana style device already established.

3. Create a new pathway designed specifically for these familiars, which is basically a pathway that will allow these summoned familiars to mimick targeted magic spells that you cast on enemies at a reduced frequency of your own spell power. Either that or utilize some sort of mechanic that the familiar feeds off of with barrage, to aid your offensive nature.

Other little tidbits:

-It would be interesting if primal familiars were mountable, provided you've learned bareback from Ranger/Paladin.
-Primal water based familiar should allow us to travel over bodies of water, unimpeded. wink wink nudge

AS far as how they would look, it would be fascinating if they could be along the lines of Golemns, Eidolons, Leviathans, Tornados, Balrogs... ect. Anyways, hate or love it, that's an idea for today and hope you guys at least enjoyed reading it.