Spell Suggestion: Unravel. 04/25/2016 02:07 PM CDT
Debilitation spell. 3 slots + metas.

Book: Aether
Syntax: Cast [creatures, ...] [element]
Function: AOE cyclic debilitation. Uses summoning skill + standard magic skills to determine intensity of the effects.
Invoke unravel: Uses elemental charge rather than mana to invoke the spell immediately. CD based on summoning skill.

Description: You're attempting to show mastery over the plane of abiding by warping a portion of the weak aether around your target into a new element. This can produce a series of supernatural effects as the new element reacts to its environment.

This might make more sense as a series 1 slot spells rather than a single spell.

* Fire (Napalm): Pure liquid fire in a dormant state.
- Enhanced by Naptha
- Explodes when the target is hit by a TM spell. This effectively turns any non-cyclic, WM TM spell into a heavy TM.
- (Effectively lets warrior mages have 2 heavy TM CDs with this cyclic going)
* Water (Chill): The freezing liquid water rapidly chills your target
- Add RT when moving between rooms.
- It's hard to think straight when you're freezing (-Intelligence)
* Electricity (Spark): The lightning quickly dissipates into a fantastic light
- Stops them in their tracks (breaks engagement, aiming. They can re-engage, no RT)
- The light is very bright (-perception, more so at night)
* Aether (Void): You're warping the aether without replacing it with anything.
- You consume a portion of the aether to regain mana. (+attunement)
- They find their own mana is naturally syphoned out to replace the missing aether surrounding them. (-attunement, maybe only when prepping spells)
* Air (Solidify): The new air around your target causes the air to become denser than normal.
- Retreating through the air now always causes a 1 second RT.
- Additional force is required to get through the air (-strength)
* Earth (Mudslide): Summons the bile concoction found in one of the elemental planes of earth.
- This stuff really stinks (-Charisma)
- It's also very sticky. You may find yourself unable to drop, throw, or let go of something you pick up until it fades.
- Fortunately, it fades in our atmosphere quickly, and it's more of a splotchy mess than sheets of weight.

Spell Synergy:
* Fire: Very high reaction rate. Something like chain lightning or flame shockwave would have a LOT of oomph (periodically) now.
* Water: Low reaction rate. Frostbyte has a chance to freeze the water, immobilizing the targets hit.
* Electricity: Low proc rate, higher with metal armor or weapons. Briefly magnetizes the target enhancing the effects of MAB.
* Aether: Very low proc rate. Shooting aether spells at a target already when they are already sensitive to aether may cause them to lose prepared spells.
* Air: Moderate reaction rate. Occasionally creates an air bubble. The effects are increased while the bubble is active, and popping the bubble may create bring the target to their knees due to rapid decompression. Must know air bubble for this to happen.
* Earth: The target has a difficult time standing up if knocked down. Synergy with ice patch and tremor.

Re: Spell Suggestion: Unravel. 04/25/2016 06:44 PM CDT
Without commenting on the merits of the effects themselves I'll just say this screams hylomorphic to me, not aether. Just an FYI.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Spell Suggestion: Unravel. 04/25/2016 07:08 PM CDT

> Without commenting on the merits of the effects themselves I'll just say this screams hylomorphic to me, not aether. Just an FYI.

I can live with that ;)