Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/24/2016 09:45 PM CDT

I'm quite happy with the variety of elemental weapons I can summon, with one exception. There are plenty of melee options, thrown satisfies my ranged needs, but Brawling is a problem for me. I find Brawling a very useful weapon skill to train, since I can still be disarmed and it helps while using thrown weapons.

My problem is that when I want to train Brawling, there's no way to put my elemental weapon off to the side for a minute. I'd love to be able to shape it into a Brawling weapon or wear it like a moonblade. Even stow it or drop it for a minute (i.e. longer than the current 15 seconds).

Is there precedent for a Brawling weapon? Is it thematic that WMs could wear/suspend an elemental weapon (we do use Air, after all...)?
Re: Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/24/2016 09:49 PM CDT
Preface: I think it's a good idea.

Apology: It made me think of this and giggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo
Re: Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/24/2016 10:16 PM CDT
Attack left doesn't work?
Re: Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/25/2016 01:27 AM CDT
Brawling is completely weapon independent. None of the brawiling attacks care if you are holding a weapon, a teapot, or a fiddle, whatever.

Just manually punch elbow and kick your way to success. I mean murder. I mean TDPs.

The only difference is you won't earn brawling experience for parrying.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/25/2016 02:03 AM CDT
<<None of the brawiling attacks care if you are holding a weapon, a teapot, or a fiddle, whatever.

The attack command does, so for the lazy just either attack left or swap and attack.
Re: Elemental weapons - Brawling? 03/25/2016 02:11 AM CDT
You should be able to gouge etc while holding a weapon. Thats what I do to train brawling if i dont want to put away the ole weapon.