YS QoL change 02/06/2016 01:58 PM CST
can YS prevent damage to armor or shields when its up?

-Munch-
Re: YS QoL change 02/06/2016 01:59 PM CST
or can we just summon our own armor?

-Munch-
Re: YS QoL change 02/07/2016 03:41 AM CST
Neither of these are QoL changes. They are basically completely new spells, and both sound like something that'd be far more appropriate for paladins than Warrior Mages.
Re: YS QoL change 02/07/2016 01:52 PM CST
Preventing damage entirely would be too much. Reducing damage taken by 1/3 or 1/2 might be okay.

I don't know about it being the domain of any one guild, such as Paladins or Warrior Mages. Anyone can already achieve this if you have the right armorsmithing techs.
Re: YS QoL change 02/07/2016 01:53 PM CST
I would rather that the spell gets completely rewritten to actually be useful though. The only armor damage that is an issue to me is shield damage. Body armor isn't a problem.
Re: YS QoL change 02/07/2016 04:01 PM CST
> I would rather that the spell gets completely rewritten to actually be useful though. The only armor damage that is an issue to me is shield damage. Body armor isn't a problem.

As I've said before, I'd prefer the spell to remain the same and Armor to be rewritten to make a buff to armor ranks actually useful. On the surface of it, the spell looks great - a buff to 4 skills, which is most of a tert skillset! One of the best tools in the WM arsenal is that we have buffs to all 3 defenses, and in SoI, no less - 2 of which are tert. If Armor gets fixed, I don't want to be looking back and saying, "Man, I wish I had the old YS."

The other side of that is that Armor prime/secondary means very little right now outside of the Paladin plate thing. An armor tert guild is unlikely to get a big improvement to the way they use armor before that issue is addressed.

IMO, if you've got ideas for armor or the YS spell, the best thing to do is post ideas for what armor ranks can DO in the Combat folder, and how WM's can plugin to that.

- Saragos