Summon admit/impede/domain 04/18/2015 01:48 PM CDT
These currently set you to sitting regardless of your current condition. Could they be altered to let you stay at prone if you're already prone?

I.e. If standing or kneeling then you sit down. If sitting or prone then there's no change.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/18/2015 02:23 PM CDT
I must ask: why do you want to meditate lying down?

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/18/2015 02:31 PM CDT
While at the NPC healer after a hunt to recharge or while letting someone tend my wounds are just a couple examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/18/2015 06:28 PM CDT
I'd love a combat option that did not sit. Higher ranks ability, or longer RT (double Summon Admittance RT with less charge built) or even a utility spell that allowed you to "tap into the mana aligned with" that made you need less meditation or focus on the Element or need X amount of Stat X/Y/Z.

The little bits you learn from casting spells you are aligned with won't support a Domain and Pathway for too long (I only have like 625 summoning maybe this is better later). Being able to Summon Admittance or some variation in combat would make Domains a much more used option at least for myself.

[20:11] Chatter[Arathael] Usually only get skill when it's successful.
[20:13] Chatter[Morpion] Thats why Arathael has 0.00 ranks in Getting Girls
[20:14] Chatter[Arathael] =(
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/18/2015 11:46 PM CDT
I have zero issue keeping a pathway up indefinitely with a fire domain up, casting fireball, and running pathway conserve only to move summoning with about 660 ranks.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 06:58 AM CDT
>I have zero issue keeping a pathway up indefinitely with a fire domain up, casting fireball, and running pathway conserve only to move summoning with about 660 ranks.

Is there a stat that plays in also?

The other night I went into combat after using admittance until unable to get more charge, put up fire domain, ran conserve, had leopard fam in room and was casting MOA (8-9 sec RT and give the complimentary charge every other cast) and my domain and pathway fell within minutes.

*edit
Looks like FB gives enough charge to keep it going while MOA nonstop didn't. Thanks

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 12:07 PM CDT
>Is there a stat that plays in also?

Stamina is your charge pool size.

Keep in mind that cyclics are contributing nothing to your charge!

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 12:35 PM CDT
>Keep in mind that cyclics are contributing nothing to your charge!

Yeah I tested that out WAY back when Plat got 3.0 before prime, only the initial cast. That would be too awesome, I'd align aether and be in AC all day just staying on pathways for summoning. Mark of Arhat though takes forever to charge though apparently messing around today, while FB it flies.

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 01:02 PM CDT
I had thought charge was a fixed value for casting an element, not spell-based. I'd expect the longer prep on MoA is making the difference?

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 01:42 PM CDT
MOA is 9 second prep same as targetting FB. I thought all aligned element spells charged same also. MOA gives charge every other cast, FB every cast. Guessing that is the difference? Ill have to drain out all charge and test times at some point. Too lazy right now

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 01:54 PM CDT
<<MOA gives charge every other cast, FB every cast. Guessing that is the difference? Ill have to drain out all charge and test times at some point.

MOA, being a debilitation with a duration, likely doesn't apply charge if the effect doesn't land due to the duration of the previous cast still being in effect in much the same way as experience works for it. I just tested using ANC, and it behaves like this.

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 02:05 PM CDT
>likely doesn't apply charge if the effect doesn't land due to the duration of the previous cast still being in effect in much the same way as experience works for it

Ah. Casting over and over on same critter it charges every other, casting on first, second, third, fourth, repeat it charges every time. But the first critter still has the spell on it the second time around, must just be a timer.

OK tested, timer it is I think. Cast first critter for charge, repeat critter right away none. Cast critter, cast again right away higher mana no charge second cast. Cast first critter got charge, cast second critter got charge, cast first critter again got charge.

Super rough quick test but info I didn't know or try before.

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 02:07 PM CDT
Also just tried cast critter, wait 10 second and cast again and got charge both times.

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 03:38 PM CDT
The timer's like 12 seconds, iirc. Maybe a little more or less?

Mazrian
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 04/19/2015 06:56 PM CDT
Very informative, makes sense but hadn't thought of that myself. Thanks for the test!

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 06/15/2015 10:21 AM CDT
I'd rather not have to sit or kneel or lay down in combat to summon ad, i get eaten when hunting at level and doing this. Barbs get what is it chakral to help them meditate without sitting? or am i thinking of something else?
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 06/15/2015 10:25 AM CDT
You don't need to summon admittance in combat if you're casting spells of your aligned element. Keep in mind different spells seem to give different amounts of charge. You can boost the charge gained by creating a domain as well.

I can maintain a pathway in combat indefinitely.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 06/15/2015 11:31 AM CDT
>Keep in mind different spells seem to give different amounts of charge.

AFAIK, spells all contribute/reduce charge the same. That said something you can spam faster is better. If you have trouble maintaining charge you may be aligning to an element you cast too few spells from, or which does not favor the pathways you use. Admittance is always inefficient but hey its free and its 'quiet.'

Having to sit to set a domain can be troublesome, I wouldn't mind being able to train out of that. In the meantime consider badly debilitating the room first.

Re: Summon admit/impede/domain 06/15/2015 03:23 PM CDT
>Barbs get what is it chakral to help them meditate without sitting? or am i thinking of something else?

Barbs still have to sit for meditations, chakrel just speeds up activation time.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
pathways for weapons 09/09/2015 03:42 AM CDT

magic pathway this, magic pathways that.

how bout a pathway that increases weapon skills.

kind of like tailwind, but for everything else.
Re: pathways for weapons 09/09/2015 04:16 AM CDT
Pretty sure that MoF buffs whatever melee weapon that is in your right hand. Use EXP MODS while you have it up and a weapon in hand to check.

WM's are the only non-weapon prime guild that can buff all weapon skills.
Re: pathways for weapons 09/09/2015 03:46 PM CDT
Not sure if you know what pathways are for.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Pathways

>>Aethereal pathways are a Warrior Mage ability that manipulate targeted magic spells in various ways.

TM not weapons. Get MOF or learn sorcery and use the other buffs like Righteous Wrath.
Re: pathways for weapons 09/10/2015 03:25 AM CDT
Barrage is kind of a weapon pathway. Its not very populsr bu it does lend an accuracy boost for the attack and it's a fair use of charge if you don't want to run pathways for whatever reason.

For added cool factor, barrage with a matching elemental weapon?